Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA Lynx Belt - Initial Review

StefVanHauwe

Just got mine today. Initial impressions are awesome. The belt is super rigid in the vertical/ rotational axis and of course very flexible horizontally. The Boss hanger is a little to small vertically to fit the lynx. You have to grind some off the edges of the lynx to get it to fully seat. DAA pouches fit with no issues. Same with tek-lok. Good thing is that extra lynx are cheap. Pretty awesome if you want to modify it since you can just replace individual lynx.

E94C1233-CCD6-44D4-ACDB-7569F5F07B72.thumb.jpeg.b509d71a371c4f004d6ace90ae211869.jpeg

The amount of flex on a draw with a DAA premium belt. The lynx resists that flex so much better. It feels like the holster is strapped to your leg with a strap so the holster doesnt tilt in/out like it would with a conventional belt if your draw wasnt perfectly parallel with the holster. Draws just feel so much better/smoother.

F03D32E0-45AE-469D-BA0C-461FEAFC8A09.thumb.jpeg.3f43c2353fbb540e320e224b4c8186fd.jpeg

Edited by tt350z

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, tt350z said:

Good thing is that extra lynx are cheap. Pretty awesome if you want to modify it since you can just replace individual lynx.

Exactly!  I also put my CR Speed bracket on additional links so should I ever decide to go back, it is just a quick swap of pins driven out and in.

PXL_crop.jpg

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, rowdyb said:

So what's the consensus? Mount your stuff on the hinge if able, or remove some hook material and put it on the flats?

In my case,  boss hanger and daa xi pouches, 4 of them

I use the boss and XI pouches. All gear mounted over the hinge. I like it a lot and have found it to be good to go. 

37 minutes ago, Foxj66 said:

I use the boss and XI pouches. All gear mounted over the hinge. I like it a lot and have found it to be good to go. 

Having a small waist circumference this spaced my mag pouches out much further but I'll live. I also wish for a half length link. 

But after dry firing it today I like it enough initially to stay with it.

1 hour ago, rowdyb said:

Having a small waist circumference this spaced my mag pouches out much further but I'll live. I also wish for a half length link. 

But after dry firing it today I like it enough initially to stay with it.

Agree on the half length links!

17 hours ago, rowdyb said:

So what's the consensus? Mount your stuff on the hinge if able, or remove some hook material and put it on the flats?

In my case,  boss hanger and daa xi pouches, 4 of them

Mount on the hinge. In my case DAA Racemaster pouches, Everglades race holster. Atlas Nemesis in 40.

The belt works good and the "velcro" is awesome. Its not massive improvement from a common belt but it is lighter and sticks better.. See no downside.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
3 hours ago, cbrussell said:

Just saw this pop up; might be another way to go if you have a DAA Lynx belt.

https://gxproductsusa.com/produc

Yeah I saw the GX which is what brought me here. figure I could do it cheaper buying the parts elsewhere but the link you send the buckle was going to be $39 after shipping so ill keep looking. I may try the half link first and see if that does the trick.

I got that ambi mag release you sold me installed by the way. a bit of a pain to fit in but it functions well.

IMG_4167.HEIC

9 minutes ago, TheChef1 said:

Yeah I saw the GX which is what brought me here. figure I could do it cheaper buying the parts elsewhere but the link you send the buckle was going to be $39 after shipping so ill keep looking. I may try the half link first and see if that does the trick.

I got that ambi mag release you sold me installed by the way. a bit of a pain to fit in but it functions well.

IMG_4167.HEIC 463.4 kB · 0 downloads

Fantastic; happy it works for you. 

I didn’t remember the buckles being that expensive, but maybe things have increased or my memory is faulty. Probably the latter. 

11 minutes ago, TheChef1 said:

IMG_4167.HEIC 463.4 kB · 2 downloads

That is a real cool trigger; who is the manufacturer?

4 minutes ago, cbrussell said:

Fantastic; happy it works for you. 

I didn’t remember the buckles being that expensive, but maybe things have increased or my memory is faulty. Probably the latter. 

yeah the buckle I wanted was about 18 then the strap 10 and the shipping was the killer at another 11.

1 minute ago, cbrussell said:

That is a real cool trigger; who is the manufacturer?

Thats the bul armory. Its ok but was quite oversize annd took a ton of fitting. Came with a curved shoe only so I had to buy a separate flat shoe. getting the curved shoe out took the hammer of thor. the trigger bow was originally black but was so tight I had to shave down the sides top and bottom. It still rubs so its going to take another pass to get it dialed in. I probably would buy it again but it will be good when dialed in. 

1 hour ago, cbrussell said:

Yeah, it seems like everything has to fit on 1911/2011 pattern guns. Never have come one single part that did not have to be fit some way or another. 😀

Yeah same definitely not  as easy as plastic guns or even CZs.

1 hour ago, TK66 said:

I put one on my Lynx belt to give it a try.  Works great!

I  think for $39 dollars ill just wait until the GX one comes back in stock for $50 with two more lynx  and its   ready to go.

1 hour ago, TheChef1 said:

I  think for $39 dollars ill just wait until the GX one comes back in stock for $50 with two more lynx  and its   ready to go.

The Ben Stoeger Proshop seems to have them in stock; at least it let me put into my cart. They also have one for regular belts. 

https://benstoegerproshop.com/daa-lynx-belt-ratchet-kit/