Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA Lynx Belt - Initial Review

StefVanHauwe

10 hours ago, cbrussell said:

I am having this issue, not a huge problem but an annoyance. Question; if I understand correctly, install the magazine pouch with one of the screw brackets directly over the hinge, with the other being on the link?

Hi, please see the picture in attachment.

Wiggling DAA Lynx Belt.jpg

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, attakmint said:

Does moving the brackets to the hinge seem to reduce/remove the wiggle?  How does it affect flexibility?

It reduces the wiggling and increases the contact surface on the innerbelt en velcro of the Lynx belt. I'll test it thouroughly during tomorrow's IPSC training. More later.

Moving the brackets to the hinge seems to work. I don’t notice any more wiggling. I sure do like being able to fold it up to put it inside the range bag; much more convenient. I will continue to try it out and see what happens.

I used my size 40" Lynx belt for a match today. I didn't notice any movement with my Ghost mags installed over the hinges. I installed my Ghost 360 mag holders over the hinged area initially,  I wasn't sure what the correct way was, and it appeared to work fine in static testing. I ran the DAA Alpha-X holster 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I ended going back to my DAA Pro Competition belt. Nothing really wrong with the Lynx system, I just prefer the ratchet system I installed on the DAA belt. 

I do miss not being able to put the rig inside my shooting bag, but will have to live with that. Still keeping my Lynx belt; not ruling out I may go back to it at some point. 

5 hours ago, cbrussell said:

I ended going back to my DAA Pro Competition belt. Nothing really wrong with the Lynx system, I just prefer the ratchet system I installed on the DAA belt. 

I do miss not being able to put the rig inside my shooting bag, but will have to live with that. Still keeping my Lynx belt; not ruling out I may go back to it at some point. 

Thanks for sharing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2021 at 9:30 AM, cbrussell said:

Try putting your ratchet to your lynx

• 1 month later...

I thought I would resurrect this thread for an update. I finally remembered why I wanted to try the Lynx belt system; the ability to store/transport rig in my range bag. While I like my regular DAA belt system, no matter how I tried to attach it to my backpack range bag, it always flopped around banging into everything. What a pain in the butt.  So I changed the ratchet system on my Lynx belt to mimic my other DAA belt system, fiddled around with holster and mag pouch locations, now I can store/transport the whole thing in my range bag. Now for extended time with the rig. 

Right. The banging around thing is quite annoying. I also have them w/ ratchet. I just buy individual links and bag of pins,  cheaper than the complete set. While the Lynx is very rigid the ratchet compliments it to make the gears most stable. 

Edited by BoyGlock

Got mine yesterday, set it up and installed CR Speed pouches on it.  Works fine, heavier than the regular belts which slightly surprised me.  I want to experiment, jpeters notion of a tee nut in a link intrigues me as the CR Speed holder itself has to span two links.  So I'll order another couple of links and give it a try once I figure out size and threading for the tee to accommodate the link and a smaller screw for use on the mag body itself.

I think the belt is a better notion for shooters who use fewer mag pouches.  I have these four and a magnet for production, ran with one less for CO.  Will know for sure after this weekend's match.

PXL_crop.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

ive been using the lynx belt since it got released and its amazing. hands down the best belt on the market. 

ive had no failures at all, the belt is nice and easy to roll up and store and best of all theres no flex at all in the system

tbh i dont know why everyone isnt using this one. theres no disadvantages. 

18 hours ago, XDoctor said:

Well that's pretty cool.  I found that ratchet, is that the 6" version?  Are you using that in place of the buckle?

It is the smallest one they make. However, I switched to another ratchet setup which does not use the shown padded set up. Yes, I use it in place of the buckle. I will try to post some pictures later. Works great!

On 11/17/2021 at 1:57 PM, cbrussell said:

It is the smallest one they make. However, I switched to another ratchet setup which does not use the shown padded set up. Yes, I use it in place of the buckle. I will try to post some pictures later. Works great!

Attached are some pictures of my current setup.

I apologize for the delay.

7D3DAA02-BEC6-423E-80F0-980C80987191.jpeg

56F88A66-D9C1-4982-A538-1E62A5F72A8F.jpeg

726F64B9-57F1-435F-B22D-59EF89DE9904.jpeg

8E4EAA90-8F39-4A0E-BA90-ACA84E188CBC.jpeg

I used EZ-Loks instead.  Drilled 5/16 hole test fit the ez lok, measured where it needed to be cut (they are 12mm long, needed to be 7 mm).  My experiment after getting teh CR Speed brackets on in the earlier picture.

PXL_20211027_222013342.jpg

PXL_20211027_231322441 reduced.jpg

PXL_20211027_200621817 red.jpg

Edited by vluc