Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Alternative Powder to 3N38

JFlowers

Loading 38 Super Comp for my open gun and my powder stash is beginning to reach its end.  Only place I can find 3n38 in stock is a couple of Canadian Companies that don't ship to the US, so I am going to have to move to an alternative powder and I am looking for recommendations.

All of the alternative powders will be just as hard to fine as 3N38. No one has any in stock, when it comes in it sells out very fast.  You will have to watch Powder valley & Graf & Sons website and check every hour of everyday to snag some powder.

just keep on the lookout for 3n38, seen it drop "numerous" times over last couple months.  i've bought it from powder valley in jan and natchez in feb and stopped looking after that but have seen it.

In 38 Super  my favorite loads were  AA#7 10.5gr with 124gr JHP, or 11.3gr with 115gr. OAL was standard 1.245. Out of my guns it ran 175pf, I didn't like 10gr because it didn't produce enough gas, so gassed it up.  5"  2 holes and a Bedel Titanium Comp.  I liked N105 just never could get it when needed.

Edited by CocoBolo

JFlowers     you are in Charlotte NC. Blue collar Reloading is in  Salisbury. They have or will have the powder you need.

They are the local distributer . They do not ship has mat.

• 2 weeks later...