Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

92X Performance Thumb Safety

robertg5322

35 minutes ago, WildPete said:

Lol...Beretta actually do something😆.  The APX has been out for at least 2 years and the production gun list only shows two model APX's on their list, 

APX 4.3 inch 40 S&W (27.5 oz.)

APX 4.3 inch 9mm (26.8 oz.)

The APX Target model and combat models aren't even listed.  The APX Target model is supposed to be their full size striker fired competition gun.

Too bad really, the APX is a pretty nice gun at a reasonable price. And if you get one of the 92X Performance guns without issues (mine has no issues so far, though only a couple thousand rounds through it to this point), they're super nice, though a better quality classic grip adapter would be a welcome improvement for those of us not enamored with the Vertec grip.

I'll never understand why the don't market their stuff better. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See the pics, a Brigadier is there for perspective.

The lever on the left side of the gun only has to be ground to be below the slide stop, that's your limiting factor on that side. The right side lever is done after you get the left side lever at the level of the slide stop.

Unless you don't care about making them flat (I didn't care, so I just ground them off as much as I could where they were still useable if I wanted to use them).

If you wanted to keep the safety lever on the right side of the gun more prominent, you could also grind down the slide stop, though on mine

BERETTA 01.jpg

BERETTA 02.jpg

• 6 months later...

I just now looking at getting a 92X Performance and want to know if grinding down the thumb safety is still the only option to fitting the box. I realize this thread is 6 months old and was hoping something new was available. I’ve done some searches and can’t seem to find anything but the small safety which doesn’t seem to solve the problem. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Stony Lane said:

And only another $150.00...

Why were these not available when Beretta made the gun available in America, where the USPSA Production box is a thing?

15 minutes ago, ejevans45 said:

Do we know for sure the extra small will fit the box?  Otherwise it’s not worth the hassle if you have to grind 

Yeah, I'm not spending another $150.00 to find out I have to file them down..., again.

22 hours ago, robertg5322 said:

Yeah, I'm not spending another $150.00 to find out I have to file them down..., again.

IMO BUSA should offer them free to owners of the X'perf in the US. The X'pref wasn't the best thought out design.

16 minutes ago, gnappi said:

IMO BUSA should offer them free to owners of the X'perf in the US. The X'pref wasn't the best thought out design.

And include a G10 wraparound grip module similar to this, but done professionally, without the slight gap in the rear...

92XP BACK.jpg

92XP LEFT SIDE.jpg

92XP RIGHT SIDE.jpg

Edited by robertg5322

3 hours ago, Stony Lane said:

I've contacted Hogue, VZ and Lok about wrap-around 92X Performance grips - no takers so far.

Go to the 1:30 mark, these grips are not wrap-around, but they do look to have a nice palm swell.

But expensive for me to try as an experiment...  https://christiansencomponents.com/product/toni-system-beretta-x3d-grips/

My problem with the Vertec grip is it feels like a rake handle, too round. Just squirms around in my hand. And points weird. Maybe too many years shooting Glocks, who knows...

I tried getting used to it, but it never feels right. 

I'll just use my home-made wraparound conversion grips until someone comes out with something better. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/22/2021 at 8:58 PM, Stony Lane said:

I've contacted Hogue, VZ and Lok about wrap-around 92X Performance grips - no takers so far.

Go to the 1:30 mark, these grips are not wrap-around, but they do look to have a nice palm swell.

But expensive for me to try as an experiment. >>SNIP<<

I doubt any maker will sign up to tool for what's very likely to be a limited production run. I'd like to be wrong but I don't think I am.

On 11/7/2021 at 4:54 AM, slavex said:

It would be nice to see flush safeties released for the 92X, I really don't understand why they bothered to introduce their top end match gun, for Production, with safeties on it. Just weird. 

Holy crap! Rob E in the house... Glad to see you're still on the forums!

Is the 92XP giving you a Beretta "itch" again? :D

Be well!

On 11/7/2021 at 2:54 AM, slavex said:

It would be nice to see flush safeties released for the 92X, I really don't understand why they bothered to introduce their top end match gun, for Production, with safeties on it. Just weird. 

Yeah, flush safeties and a wraparound grip that's not as flimsy as the one they include with the gun. 

On 11/8/2021 at 10:24 AM, Less said:

Holy crap! Rob E in the house... Glad to see you're still on the forums!

Is the 92XP giving you a Beretta "itch" again? :D

Be well!

yoh dude! I hang out in the CZ area mostly. How you been?

I was quite intrigued by the 92X right up until I got to handle and shoot it. Once that happened, I was no longer interested. The safeties just killed it for me. 

Maybe if this had been introduced after the Elite II issues, and it had had flat, or I mean, flush, safeties, I would have jumped on it. But it just doesn't shake its money maker enough for me to throw coins at it. 

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, IronScopenDot said:

Since the last post on this topic was back on the Marine Corps birthday...

I figured I'd ask if anyone has  determined if the Beretta small safeties fit the box yet?  Or if anyone is selling a safety that does? 

Semper Fi

Nope and nope.

You gotta grind them down.

And replacements cost $150.00. 

6 hours ago, robertg5322 said:

Nope and nope.

You gotta grind them down.

And replacements cost $150.00. 

Thanks for the insight.

I almost spit my coffee out when I looked the price up awhile back.  But it is what it is. If I end up with reshaping them I'll finish them clean and Cerakote them before I put them back in.

Good luck on the range!

• 2 weeks later...