Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Apex 10 and other Mark 7 goodies

The hook under the case feeder is well designed to fix an MR Bullet feeder, the screws are included. The priming system is brilliant and adjustable in all directions. See you soon for more info.

03.jpg

Edited by cool

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For this press I use Lyman Pro tools, the tool is designed for 10 mm and 40sw, you have to screw the crimp tool almost in contact with the shellplat here for the 40. The new retainer station 10 and a little more up and comes into contact with the bottom of the tool.

1.jpg

“Cool”

The bracket on the case feeder for mounting the bullet feeder, is there a spot on the left side to add an additional mounting bracket ? 
Any more additional pictures of the frame would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the pictures!  

On my Mark 7 Evolution, I switched to a two pass procedure from a one pass.  I did this because I would either get flipped (new) primers or pulled back spent primers depending on the decapper being used.

I've learned to love the two pass system as it is less troublesome and easy, but am curious as to whether the new Apex 10 primer system might reduce or eliminate flipped primers when using a Mighty Armory or FW Arms decapper with a powerful spring flipper using one pass loading.

The bullets supply spring must pass behind the powder dispenser and to prevent it from rubbing on it I added a piece of electrical sheath and a few plastic ties.It is not very beautiful but effective friction are deleted

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Thank you so much for all the additional pictures!

Can you flip-flop the bracket that came on the case feeder to move the bullet feeder to the other side ?

My question for this is because I have one case feeder mounted on a pole in the center of my 2 Mark 7s with a bullet feeder on each side and it would be great to convert to this new case feeder if possibly there was a mount for a bullet feeder on both sides.C108DA80-733E-46D2-9F9D-66D3A0AFB1A0.thumb.jpeg.c90e23553b10771eee8f85656165c3de.jpegAE19D787-6C69-4C96-B5DE-1FA4157AEE26.thumb.jpeg.c37ae4ec3f54a366915960b802fbcb04.jpegThanks  again for all your pics. 

I’m going to mount my Mr Bullet Feeder with the Range Panda mount and have it hang from the ceiling so it won’t even contact the case feeder. This set up is ideal to reduce shaking and vibration. Super cheap upgrade as well. I think I have $40 in it including the pipe from Lowe’s. It works with 650, 1050,  and anything that uses a DAA bullet feeder. 

No, there is no possibility of moving this hook to the left, but with a little ingenuity it is possible to make a tab on the left side by fixing it on the threaded rods of the mast. have is variable speed, it must have the same flow as the new M7 and your installation is convenient. With the new M7 you will have the reverse function and the window on the frame.

1.jpg

2.jpg

On 3/18/2021 at 11:44 AM, cool said:

For this press I use Lyman Pro tools, the tool is designed for 10 mm and 40sw, you have to screw the crimp tool almost in contact with the shellplat here for the 40. The new retainer station 10 and a little more up and comes into contact with the bottom of the tool.

1.jpg

Isn't that a bit odd that interference is present? 

Is there something about that particular die or is there a design issue?

• 2 weeks later...

No problem on the EVO with the priming system while on the APEX I had primers on the spot and I had to carefully adjust the stop of the disc under the primer stack as well as under the case the primers are Winchesters.

Next week I will be experimenting with Sellier Belot primers.

I prefer the EVO priming system why this change on the APEX?

A good point the fixing of the bullet feeder in the planned place offers a big advantage the vibrations are very attenuated. Have a nice week end.

14 hours ago, Phoenix1977 said:

I think you need the Apex..

Already have an Evo since 2018. The Apex is tempting though and I'm in the process of trying to convince myself I really, really need one. ;)

It is nice that we have someone here who can compare them side-by-side!

Merci mr Cool!

Edited by RGA