Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Apex 10 and other Mark 7 goodies

1 hour ago, RGA said:

Already have an Evo since 2018. The Apex is tempting though and I'm in the process of trying to convince myself I really, really need one. ;)

It is nice that we have someone here who can compare them side-by-side!

Merci mr Cool!

Let’s start with the Ransom Rest 😜

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

About 150 cartridges whit APEX 10.

The rotational movement of the disc is too fast, which is what causes these incidents.

There was a system on the EVO that worked very well, I don't understand this change.

The support of the priming system is in zamak it is really cost savings.

20210410_174453.jpg

Edited by cool

On 4/12/2021 at 9:18 AM, cool said:

About 150 cartridges whit APEX 10.

The rotational movement of the disc is too fast, which is what causes these incidents.

There was a system on the EVO that worked very well, I don't understand this change.

The support of the priming system is in zamak it is really cost savings.

20210410_174453.jpg

Have you found a solution for this bad Problem ?

7 minutes ago, SCW_23 said:

Have you found a solution for this bad Problem ?

I am sure it just needs tinkering. The one in Gavin's video is going extremely fast with the handle and keeping up just fine. The one fear I have is the learning curve and finding all the bugs and fixing them. 

Got my Apex10 a couple of weeks ago. Finally had the time to set it up past Sunday. It took approximately 6 hours in total, incl. setting up Mr. Bulletfeeder, Lyman Pro-Dies, DAA Magnetic powder check. Once the dies were set up, I started to run a couple of dozen test rounds (9mm major). I immediately started to have issues with the primer system, the metal disc in particular. There are 2 issues: 1) the disc doesn't always pick up a new primer (every 20 rounds or so - causing powder spillage) and 2) the disc itself somehow gets stuck underneath its plastic cover (every 30 rounds or so - this makes that the machine is blocked). Double checked everything. Could not see or find anything out of the ordinary. I reached out to the vendor for the EU, i.e. DAA, where I originally bought it from. DAA was immediately on it (much appreciated!) and reached out to Mark7 in the US. Mark7 also replied fast and stated that there probably is an - unspecified - issue with the disc. They would send a new one through DAA to me. I'll keep you updated. Luckily I did not sell my Dillon S1050 yet and I can still make ammo 🙂 DVC!

A10d.jpg

A10c.jpg

A10b.jpg

A10a.jpg

17 minutes ago, StefVanHauwe said:

Got my Apex10 a couple of weeks ago. Finally had the time to set it up past Sunday. It took approximately 6 hours in total, incl. setting up Mr. Bulletfeeder, Lyman Pro-Dies, DAA Magnetic powder check. Once the dies were set up, I started to run a couple of dozen test rounds (9mm major). I immediately started to have issues with the primer system, the metal disc in particular. There are 2 issues: 1) the disc doesn't always pick up a new primer (every 20 rounds or so - causing powder spillage) and 2) the disc itself somehow gets stuck underneath its plastic cover (every 30 rounds or so - this makes that the machine is blocked). Double checked everything. Could not see or find anything out of the ordinary. I reached out to the vendor for the EU, i.e. DAA, where I originally bought it from. DAA was immediately on it (much appreciated!) and reached out to Mark7 in the US. Mark7 also replied fast and stated that there probably is an - unspecified - issue with the disc. They would send a new one through DAA to me. I'll keep you updated. Luckily I did not sell my Dillon S1050 yet and I can still make ammo 🙂 DVC!

A10d.jpg

A10c.jpg

A10b.jpg

A10a.jpg

That looks great! But that is not very comforting.That looks great. But that is not very comforting.

5 hours ago, Posvar said:

It is starting to sound just like the evolution roll out.

Which is why I'm waiting a bit before I likely buy one. I'm hoping by fall all the kinks are worked out so I can have it for next season.

9 hours ago, StefVanHauwe said:

A10d.jpg

A10c.jpg

A10b.jpg

A10a.jpg

Thanks for your great Report👍, i hope the problem is solved fast and its not a technical defect of construction.

I have ordered a Apex 10 but now, I am considering it is not better buy a Dillon RL 1100🤔.

What do you thinks, is it  worth to buy ?

22 hours ago, cool said:

better than the Dillon variable speed

In what way?

Everything is adjustable on APEX bullet feeder funnel the bowl too and the reverse function is a plus I also have the Dillon variable speed, that's why I made the comparison

20210415_082811 (2).jpg

2 hours ago, SCW_23 said:

Thanks for your great Report👍, i hope the problem is solved fast and its not a technical defect of construction.

I have ordered a Apex 10 but now, I am considering it is not better buy a Dillon RL 1100🤔.

What do you thinks, is it  worth to buy ?

Aside from the disc issue, I still prefer the Apex operation to the Dillon operation, especially for the 10 stations, the consistent powder drop and overall speed of production. In the beginning I also had issues with the Dillon (the ratchet (which I removed), loose shell plate from factory (which I had to tighten), and yes also the primer system (rod was not flush from factory) Perfection does not exist. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2021 at 10:53 AM, StefVanHauwe said:

Aside from the disc issue, I still prefer the Apex operation to the Dillon operation, especially for the 10 stations, the consistent powder drop and overall speed of production. In the beginning I also had issues with the Dillon (the ratchet (which I removed), loose shell plate from factory (which I had to tighten), and yes also the primer system (rod was not flush from factory) Perfection does not exist. 

Could you solve the priming system/disc problem? Thx for sharing, derrick

Edited by Derrick67

On 4/21/2021 at 9:16 AM, cool said:

Priming problem solved on APEX 10, the priming punch set too low at the factory and the shellplate tightened.

Great !😎

The new disc solved the blockage, but not the consistency ... I already calibrated the punch and the plate, but inconsistencies continue.

9 minutes ago, Derrick67 said:

Could you solve the priming system/disc problem? Thx for sharing, derrick

With the new disc, the blockage stopped, but I still have inconsistencies in primer pick up (every 35 primers or so). I'm waiting on feedback from M7 through DAA. I'll keep you posted.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anybody seen the new trimmer yet?

I have my Apex 10 setup but need the Pro dies and trimmer to really get it going. Ordered all at same time but they haven’t shipped to my dealer yet.

Mine is setup to load 223 and using a set of Hornady dies I had laying around I have it up and running or maybe I should say walking slowly.

Edited by venatic