Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Forum change

Sarge

47 minutes ago, BritinUSA said:

Click your username (circled), there should be an option in the top right corner of the banner to Edit Profile.

A5C2C51D-660A-48F3-A902-B3B63D692298.thumb.jpeg.79219e477046ab3c21bdbf52fffcb9d3.jpeg

45 minutes ago, BritinUSA said:

If you zoom/enlarge the text too far then some options move off the page to the right, including the Profile options. Solutiin above should work regardless of how much you zoom in.

Thank You! My zoom setting was the culprit.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So not only is mark as read not working on my iphone but I also can not get messages. There isn't even an icon for it anymore.

Is this being worked on still or is it basically a take it or leave it thing from now on?

this site doesn't seem to remember my login name and pw, i have to enter it every visit (i do have the box checked to 'remember me.')  I re-enter my forum name and pw and it says it doesn't work, error code below, but it does in fact have my screen pic and name at top right.  but again next time i go to this forum i have to do this all over again.  no prob on other sites so either i have something messed up here or it's a site issue.  help pls, thanks.

Error code: 2S119/1

Edited by davsco

On an older version of Firefox on another computer, the field that I am typing this in right now is a skinny sliver and will not highlight with mouse or tabbing. So I could not post anything in the forums. I simply had a skinny white bar with rounded corners, and the word REQUIRED in red above it.

The TITLE and TAGS boxes look and work just fine.

Fix the Topic box or whatever this box is called and it will be fine.
Otherwise its broken.

ALSO where is the PREVIEW choice before I choose SUBMIT TOPIC?
And now I cannot see the photos I've attached.
It acted as if the post was uploading them but no photos in my for sale advert.

1 hour ago, ima45dv8 said:

Maybe an update is in order?

Perhaps but why does the code work for the other two fields but not the body topic?

And what of the other problems I referenced?

ALSO where is the PREVIEW choice before I choose SUBMIT TOPIC?
And now I cannot see the photos I've attached.
It acted as if the post was uploading them but no photos in my for sale advert.

Uhhhhh.

Why, why, why?

As I alluded to before, maybe your OS/browser requires an update.

You referenced an older version of Firefox on another computer. 

I don't know what that might mean, but try an update.

We (this forum) are users of a software set provided by a vendor that gives us a platform to operate. They PUSH updates to us pretty much without warning. We don't write the code. I appreciate the fact that your having problems, but we're not in a position to provide line-by-line tech support. 

Try updating your browser (just as the forum software has been updated) and let us know if that worked. You might be helping someone else out at the same time. 

I hope so....

I think there are options in the Control Panel where Admin can adjust the menu options. The base design has issues if the user zooms in - to make the text clearer on a small screen - and the menu options expand off the screen.

Typically a mobile version of the site will use larger text and put all the options into a single menu button. I think it just needs some customization to address these issues.

6 minutes ago, BritinUSA said:

So this link does not work for you ?

https://forums.brianenos.com/messenger/

The link works.  So do I need to come to this topic, Sind this post everytime I need to check a message?

I also get a message about having notifications, have no idea how to see my notices.

If I want to check my profile I make a post so that I can click on my name.

I think there is an option in the Control Panel to turn off the stats sidebar and free up this space to the right of the topics. This would expand the topic and make it easier to read on mobile without having to zoom in.

Even zooming/enlarging to 115% is enough to push the icons off the screen.

20B71353-AB1F-4A28-8E60-110996E7DA94.thumb.jpeg.de27f6cc60eedc1f9a74763a4177ab46.jpeg

Invision has a mobile app which I guess would be optimized to their software (which powers this forum).

Has anyone tried it? As opposed to TapaTalk?

This looks like it’s for the invision user community. Can’t see anyway to connect to other forums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, ima45dv8 said:

Uhhhhh.

Why, why, why?

As I alluded to before, maybe your OS/browser requires an update.

You referenced an older version of Firefox on another computer. 

I don't know what that might mean, but try an update.

We (this forum) are users of a software set provided by a vendor that gives us a platform to operate. They PUSH updates to us pretty much without warning. We don't write the code. I appreciate the fact that your having problems, but we're not in a position to provide line-by-line tech support. 

Try updating your browser (just as the forum software has been updated) and let us know if that worked. You might be helping someone else out at the same time. 

I hope so....

Thank you but to be clear I did abandon that browser, otherwise I wouldn't be able to communicate in this fashion.

I am giving feedback to you of the BUG that I could not see the photos which I uploaded.

And I giving feedback of a BUG that I cannot see a preview of my post before I commit to it.

Am I mistaken that this forum used to allow a preview before clicking "SUBMIT TOPIC"?

Every other forum I use has this feature so one can preview formatting etc.

I was eventually able to attach photos on a third post but two tries were unsuccessful.

I do knot know if there is a bug in attaching by "dragging', "choose files", or something else with the down arrow selection called "other media" but I tried it twice in the manner I have always used and twice it failed..

If there is a place to put some custom CSS Style then putting this in there should get rid of that Layout_sidebar thing which will allow the topics to extend all the way to the right as a responsive block. The sidebar is a fixed width so this may be affecting the menu items at the top as well.

#ipsLayout_mainArea {
    display: block;
}

#ipsLayout_sidebar {
    display: none;
}

Maybe try that and ask Mobile users to give a try… may have to reset cache.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...