Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Forum change

Sarge

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the mobile version of site, how do you access the activity streams now? In previous version there was a button at top-right of every page, next to the search icon, I think it was 3 dots or 3 bars. I could click that and a drop-down appeared and I could then choose options like "all activity" and "unread content" or something like that. I don't see how to get to that now on mobile site.

26 minutes ago, Southpaw said:

On the mobile version of site, how do you access the activity streams now? In previous version there was a button at top-right of every page, next to the search icon, I think it was 3 dots or 3 bars. I could click that and a drop-down appeared and I could then choose options like "all activity" and "unread content" or something like that. I don't see how to get to that now on mobile site.

It’s all incorporated on the newspaper looking thing next to the + sign.

27 minutes ago, Southpaw said:

Clicking that takes me to a page that says "my content" and just shows threads that I've posted in.

This is what I see when I click the "newspaper looking thing" and the +.

Screenshot_20200824-124234.png

Screenshot_20200824-124058.png

Edited by ChuckS

I think there's a way to reprogram what comes up when I click that newspaper icon. So I could probably change it to instead show unread content. With old site there was a different button for unread content which has now disappeared; so before I had the newspaper thing which took me to my content, and another button that went to unread content. Oh well 😊

You need to either zoom out (use smaller text) and/or switch to landscape mode. There is a problem with the default page design in that options on the right-hand side of the screeN are getting chopped off when changing font size or using a mobile device.

There may be some way to customize this in the setup options but its nothing the users can do about it.

2 minutes ago, BritinUSA said:

This link may open your messenger screen: Messenger

I have the same issue but the link works for me. It was fine until yesterday when I was getting a 504 error message all day and when it finally worked I could no longer access my profile at the top. Switching to landscape or zooming out/changing font size didn't work either.

Using chrome on an andriod version 85.00.4183.81

11 minutes ago, BritinUSA said:

You need to either zoom out (use smaller text) and/or switch to landscape mode. There is a problem with the default page design in that options on the right-hand side of the screeN are getting chopped off when changing font size or using a mobile device.

There may be some way to customize this in the setup options but its nothing the users can do about it.

I only ever use mobile, so...

1 hour ago, BritinUSA said:

If you are using a mobile device then the layout is messed up completely (missing options). Requesting desktop view will show everything but is practically unreadable on a small screen.

And here I thought it was just me who couldn't find those options on the mobile site anymore...

I'll book mark that messenger link.  Thanks for suggesting that @BritinUSA

Anyone else having the old problem of when you click the back button on your browser, it takes you to the top of the page?

I remember it doing that around the last upgrade, but I thought it got fixed 

2 hours ago, NorCal707 said:

Since the Upgrade, I can't seem to be able to locate the User CP button to access my Settings, Profile, etc.  Am I just not looking hard enough? Using a Dell laptop on Win 10 - Firefox Browser.

Click your username (circled), there should be an option in the top right corner of the banner to Edit Profile.

A5C2C51D-660A-48F3-A902-B3B63D692298.thumb.jpeg.79219e477046ab3c21bdbf52fffcb9d3.jpeg