Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help me spend my money on a new USPSA CO Gun

DB_Cooper

The problem with the Canik is it only reliably cycles 124 gr NATO rounds, I can’t shoot anything else in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like what others have said. Canik’s are over sprung. I put a tungsten guide rod from W74 and a 14 pound commander recoil spring in mine. It cycles everything. I shoot a 147 Blue Bullet at a 135 PF. Been ultra reliable and accurate. I put the Freedom Smith trigger in and it’s very sweet trigger.

I agree with the people saying buy an X5 Legion and keep the DPP to mount on it. I just moved to the X5 Legion in CO after shooting a Shadow 2 for a couple years.  I love the weight and how it feels. It just fits my hand better and feels more natural than my Shadow 2's. I've got fairly big hands and it fits them perfectly.

On 6/16/2020 at 8:57 PM, DesertTortoise said:

With that budget, I would buy an X5 legion and bolt the deltapoint pro on it. You'd have some cash left for magazines and maybe a grey guns trigger down the road.

That’s exactly what I would do, but they are hard to find.  I’m an FFL and have a X5 Legion on the way after months of looking.

That said, I might have a production class Shadow2 and a CGW complete optics slide with a new C-more RDS2 on it that may be available as I have the X5 Legion on the way.  & hey, the DDP will fit the Legion.  Hmmm. 🤷‍♂️

I sold a gun so I needed to reinvest and the gun range 5 minutes from my house is shooting USPSA starting in September so I’m all in again. Before I had to drive 2 hours one way to shoot and that drive got old.

Awesome DB, that was a lucky find wished I was so lucky.  Might be a good day to buy lottery ticket, lol.  My X5 still hasen’t shipped & that was supposed to happen mid last week. All X5’s and it looks like ammo has disappeared too.  I’ve sold out of all ammo except my rifle stash & match ammo for my Shadow2’s & TSO’s.

Awesome DB, that was a lucky find wished I was so lucky.  Might be a good day to buy lottery ticket, lol.  My X5 still hasen’t shipped & that was supposed to happen mid last week. All X5’s and it looks like ammo has disappeared too.  I’ve sold out of all ammo except my rifle stash & match ammo for my Shadow2’s & TSO’s.

There are two Legions at the local shop. I’ve been quite tempted to put one on layaway as a backup. They’ve been just sitting there tempting the regulars.

1 minute ago, redpillregret said:

There are two Legions at the local shop. I’ve been quite tempted to put one on layaway as a backup. They’ve been just sitting there tempting the regulars.

Awesome, do yo have a phone # or the name of the place? TKS

• 1 month later...