Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New DAA Apha-Xi Mag pounches

usmc1977

3 minutes ago, eboadway said:

How is that possible? Even with no spring tension, I have to give them a good shove down to remove them...

it seems to depend on the mags, I shot open with 2011 mags and never had it happen once in 5 years. Changes to production optics with a sig and it happens to me sometimes. 

I too shoot CO with an X5 Legion. In my first dry-fire session with the Xi this morning, I had the leaf spring and rear plate fly out. If I back the tension all the way out, it comes apart every time. It seems to need a fair amount of spring tension to stay together. I'll try a thinner plate as well...

11 hours ago, eboadway said:

I too shoot CO with an X5 Legion. In my first dry-fire session with the Xi this morning, I had the leaf spring and rear plate fly out. If I back the tension all the way out, it comes apart every time. It seems to need a fair amount of spring tension to stay together. I'll try a thinner plate as well...

It needs to break in. Or you can polish the insert to speed things up. I’ve had this issue with p320 mags back to the race master pouches. Usually after a couple weeks of use the issue goes away.

I lightly sanded the insert face and they still popped off. I switched the insert out with my old DAA racer ones and they seem more secure. Not very confidence-inspiring to do a reload and have a chunk of your mag pouch pop off...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I just got these and My back insert kept coming out today in dry fire. Super annoying. I’m using the thickest spacers with mecgar mags. I’m wondering if using the medium thickness would help. These seem amazing until you go for an aggressive reload and parts go flying. Grr. It happened more with one mag. Guess I’ll call them tomorrow. 

2 hours ago, fireman1776 said:

I just got these and My back insert kept coming out today in dry fire. Super annoying. I’m using the thickest spacers with mecgar mags. I’m wondering if using the medium thickness would help. These seem amazing until you go for an aggressive reload and parts go flying. Grr. It happened more with one mag. Guess I’ll call them tomorrow. 

I have this happen with the medium insert, let us know what they say!

11 hours ago, JatCarver said:

I have this happen with the medium insert, let us know what they say!

They told me to try one size thinner insert or bend the springs with the one I was running. One size thinner and the mags had zero retention and would fall out. I bent the springs and it does seem to help but the still come out. I called them again and they said to try sanding some of the surface of the spacer off. 

the issue happens when I pull the magazine out and put pressure one the bottom of the spacer. If you pull the mags straight out it won’t happen but in dry fire I’m being aggressive and putting too much force. 

If I can get it resolved they will be amazing but I’m disappointed that I have to do so much for pouches this expensive. I was hoping for a buy once cry once purchase. 

17 minutes ago, fireman1776 said:

They told me to try one size thinner insert or bend the springs with the one I was running. One size thinner and the mags had zero retention and would fall out. I bent the springs and it does seem to help but the still come out. I called them again and they said to try sanding some of the surface of the spacer off. 

the issue happens when I pull the magazine out and put pressure one the bottom of the spacer. If you pull the mags straight out it won’t happen but in dry fire I’m being aggressive and putting too much force. 

If I can get it resolved they will be amazing but I’m disappointed that I have to do so much for pouches this expensive. I was hoping for a buy once cry once purchase. 

They should be fine after they are broken in. 

I picked up a single XiP.

I've got them set up for P320 mags.

I've used them for dry fire and some live fire practice sessions; maybe 500 rounds.

I have not experienced any spontaneous disassembly yet.

But I haven't slammed them around in a match yet either.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
8 hours ago, JKD said:

I just bought the XiP pouches and find that the adjustment wheel keeps loosening up on me. The wheels are very loose feeling and spin very freely. Any tips on how to keep the adjustment wheel from backing out?

Put a dab of vibra-tite on them.  Works great. 

On 12/18/2020 at 9:55 AM, Rich406 said:

They should be fine after they are broken in. 

Not going to lie, I doubted this when you said this but after 30 or so dry fire sessions mine do not come apart anymore. 

I've not been a fan of some of the products DAA has put on the market lately but it seems they have a winner here. I can be pretty aggressive with slapping the mag and pouch and have always had issues with my front pouch eventually tilting back but these Xi pouches have been solid.