Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Covid19

Chillywig

17 hours ago, Chillywig said:

stay at home orders

the stock market

no whole chickens for smoking on the weekend

toilet paper hoarders

How hard do you have to suck on the chicken to keep it lit when you are smoking it?

Well deserved break from all that practice at the range.

I got really tired of going to the range 4-6 times/week.

This is really a LOT more fun, watching Gov Cuomo tell

us the actual facts about the Virus, doing crossword

puzzles and napping all day.

HINT:   for those with a tiny sense of humor - this is

biting sarcasm.     :) 

• 3 weeks later...

I hate everything Covid-19!

1 Stop watching the news, any and all news is nothing but hate and discontent, if you need the weather forecast use an app on your phone

2 Be positive, especially when children are around, even adult children

3 Use this time to cement core family values, talk to each other, play games together, do yard work or other chores together

4 Focus on what you can do, not what you can't do

5 You are not the only one affective by this BullS--T, get busy living or get busy dying

6 if these things I listed are too hard for you to do, FOAD, because I hate you too!

39 minutes ago, 427Cobra said:

I hate everything Covid-19!

1 Stop watching the news, any and all news is nothing but hate and discontent, if you need the weather forecast use an app on your phone

2 Be positive, especially when children are around, even adult children

3 Use this time to cement core family values, talk to each other, play games together, do yard work or other chores together

4 Focus on what you can do, not what you can't do

5 You are not the only one affective by this BullS--T, get busy living or get busy dying

6 if these things I listed are too hard for you to do, FOAD, because I hate you too!

427 Cobra:  Great post, with some great advice.  Thanks.  We need a lot more folks in this world that have the same outlook.  This too shall pass.  Despite the challenges and BS, we are blessed.

• 1 month later...

Yep, agreed. Couldn't have said it better.

Also, take the time to educate your children. Teach them the skills that they don't get in school. Work ethic, how things work, home repair, engine repair, whatever. Just teach them.

24 minutes ago, b2948kevin said:

Also, take the time to educate your children. Teach them the skills that they don't get in school. Work ethic, how things work, home repair, engine repair, whatever. Just teach them.

Start with the simple stuff, like how to balance a checkbook then how to make up a budget.  I've been amazed at how many college kids don't have these basic skills!

• 1 month later...