Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Phoenix redback lite

15 hours ago, Fasthenk65 said:

Not yet need to clear my gun collection first 🙂 Visiting them soon though! Would like to shoot the redback first.........

You will Love it.

The work of the Slide, the Reset, the fit and finish is just different than the rest of all the other Production Guns.

The recoil Impuls feels soft in the hand and the return to zero is just great. 
When you have set up the springs to your ammo.... you don‘t want to shoot another production gun. 

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, KommBat said:

You will Love it.

The work of the Slide, the Reset, the fit and finish is just different than the rest of all the other Production Guns.

When you have set up the springs to your ammo.... you don‘t want to shoot another production gun. 

I need one 🙂 

10 hours ago, KommBat said:

You will Love it.

Hi KommBat, I shoot at ASL twice a year (before Coronavirus) with UK shooters. I have already bought one Redback, and am getting a second. The moment I disassembled one, and the slide glided off like butter, I knew these were the finest quality guns (even better than the original Sphinxes 2000/3000s!)

I also have a CZ Shadow 1, so have access to CZ parts. I might get the -10% CZ trigger spring - is it easy to install? Or perhaps I can ask Lee if they can reduce the trigger weight for me.

Edited by Blackstone45

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, MisterM said:

For sure interchangeable springs: trigger spring and recoil spring. But for sure not: main spring, firing pin spring and extractor spring. 

I hope to visit the factory in October (assuming no quarantine restrictions) and will ask the owner.

On 3/14/2020 at 8:08 AM, Phoenix1977 said:

Fasthenk, don’t know where you live, but if you are really interested, you are welcome to shoot my SAO full steel Redback (once the Corona blows over) mine will also be placed with a test in AK57 gunmagazine anytime soon.

Maurice Drummen has al the models in stock at the moment!

By chance have you shot an Atlas Titan or other Atlas 2011?  If so how would you compare and which would you prefer?  They are about in the same price range. Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Looks like the Drake has a Brilley 1911 style bushing with the asymmetrical lock ring inside. Those things provided crazy accuracy in the S&W performance center .356 TS&W pistols made in the early 90’s 

great idea, time someone revived it. Made disassembly and reassembly a bit tricky. Maybe having it in a removable unhinged solves that problem 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/28/2020 at 1:17 PM, Bakerjd said:

I dislike all of you. I just got my tanfo dome up by patriot defense and read this entire thread. Now I really want a redback. Good thing winter time means LOTS of OT.

I hear you. But what will you do? if your hold your new Redback next to your Tafo...you know, you did everything right!

Cheers

3 hours ago, KommBat said:

I hear you. But what will you do? if your hold your new Redback next to your Tafo...you know, you did everything right!

Cheers

Exaclty! It's either the Redback or an AO1LD. Or save the money.... but who does that? 

I was browsing those Phoenix guns and found this in regards to Drake on one Canadian site that selling them

This pistol does not fit in an IPSC measurement box.

I found that strange.

1 minute ago, YVK said:

I was browsing those Phoenix guns and found this in regards to Drake on one Canadian site that selling them

I found that strange.

I saw that too, I’m pretty sure that is incorrect.  I’ll find out.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/17/2021 at 5:16 PM, YVK said:

I found that strange.

Naw! The Drake was made right away for IPSC Standard Division. Remo, the top shooter of Team Phoenix, was rocking a Drake prototype for a year or so, at matches all over Europe. Would not have been possible without fitting in THE BOX.

Cheers,

Rob