Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Phoenix redback lite

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

I would suggest you ask the guys at “ Team Phoenix Germany” on Facebook. These guys are winning matches all over Europe with the Phoenix and can tell you everything about springs and loads.

they speak fluid English.

On 5/13/2020 at 8:58 PM, SQUAREHEAD said:

Hey guys,

Is there any way to get the trigger a little lighter? Main Spring options perhaps?

Zerofade, Did you have any success?

thanks!

There is a competition spring kit coming for it, it has been delayed due to Covid, I will update this thread when I receive my kit.  However, in the meantime, I ordered some  lighter Shadow 2 main springs (I had to trim the some length from them), I can't remember exactly which one I settled on, but the pull is now significantly lighter than factory and it is still reliable.  I have shot several thousand rounds since the switch and can report zero light strikes.

• 1 month later...
On 3/13/2020 at 7:16 PM, Zerofade said:

I own a Phoenix Redback Carry Optic version that I shoot in IPSC.  The gun is 2.92lb dry plus optic.  It is a great shooter, I have it mounted with a Trijicon SRO.  The fit and finish of these pistols is excellent.  Let me know if you have any questions.

RedBack 2.jpg

I would love to know the weigth difference between the aluminum frame with steel slide vs the all steel variant.  Would be so nice to see this beauty in person~ Very promising indeed and for Carry Optics would be awesome!  But pricey, well a bit too pricey almost to the ballpark of an Open Gun price~  Well, just about, lol~ 

On 5/14/2020 at 9:44 AM, Phoenix1977 said:

I would suggest you ask the guys at “ Team Phoenix Germany” on Facebook. These guys are winning matches all over Europe with the Phoenix and can tell you everything about springs and loads.

they speak fluid English.

How is it going?

This is Rob from Team Phoenix Germany.

Rick is right. We tryed around with springs a bit.

The Redback is showing up with such a heavy spring set to make sure,

that ALL the ammo you feed her will work.

There is a "Sports-kit" comming up, but as you know Phoenix parts have to be perfect (Swiss perfect that is),

it will take a bit till its ready.

What we did: polishing the crap out of the relevant parts, dropping in a CZ light trigger spring (huge difference) plus a 13lbs Hammer spring.

That keeps you in the IPSC Production 5lbs  trigger pull but it will ignit all factory ammo.

I shoot Geco, Blazer Brass and S&B a lot.

As for the holster I started of with a Guga Ribas Universal holster.

Wich is great but I prefere closed holster over the all race rigs.

Now I use a Guga Ribas NEO and there is realy nothing I can bitch about it.

I mentaly had to get used to the retention system a bit, but I really like it a lot now.

If I screw during a stage, its at least not the fault of gun and gear...

Cheers,

Rob

On 7/17/2020 at 3:37 PM, KommBat said:

How is it going?

This is Rob from Team Phoenix Germany.

Rick is right. We tryed around with springs a bit.

The Redback is showing up with such a heavy spring set to make sure,

that ALL the ammo you feed her will work.

There is a "Sports-kit" comming up, but as you know Phoenix parts have to be perfect (Swiss perfect that is),

it will take a bit till its ready.

What we did: polishing the crap out of the relevant parts, dropping in a CZ light trigger spring (huge difference) plus a 13lbs Hammer spring.

That keeps you in the IPSC Production 5lbs  trigger pull but it will ignit all factory ammo.

I shoot Geco, Blazer Brass and S&B a lot.

As for the holster I started of with a Guga Ribas Universal holster.

Wich is great but I prefere closed holster over the all race rigs.

Now I use a Guga Ribas NEO and there is realy nothing I can bitch about it.

I mentaly had to get used to the retention system a bit, but I really like it a lot now.

If I screw during a stage, its at least not the fault of gun and gear...

Cheers,

Rob

Good info!!! Like this gun. Lot's please update us where possible.

On 7/17/2020 at 7:37 AM, KommBat said:

polishing the crap out of the relevant parts, dropping in a CZ light trigger spring (huge difference) plus a 13lbs Hammer spring.

Rob,

I compete with a Redback (Love it).  I haven't done anything to it, apart from shooting it a bunch!  

What did you polish?

Which hammer spring did you use?

Thanks!

On 7/20/2020 at 10:53 PM, Fasthenk65 said:

And... give us info which ammo the gun likes most since I know you are experimenting lot's 🙂

Hi there,

I am just back from the Headquater in Switzerland.

First of all...the Drake is comming...soon.

When everything is running perfect (I mean swiss-perfect) you can have the Drake SAO or DA/SA.

At least in .40 and 9x19. The Frame, wich is rather like a "large frame" as you know it from Tanfo, could also

fit .45 and 9x21 (Drake Frame could be the Rapror Frame 😉 ).

The side rail for the gas padel is the s**t!  Realy awesome like the Mag-Funnel.

The Mag-Funnel looks a bit...funny...but it feels great. Plus you can change the "stiff upper lip" ;)  for differnet height.

So your hand gets pressed up against the trigger guard..if you want to. Or to fix the long grip for ladies.

It will come optics ready, so you do pick it, if you want a dot or not. BTW, this SRO´s are pretty awesome!

The Raptor looks and feels as great as the Drake. But I guess, she is a bit more down the road.

It need to be Swiss-perfect, you know. And that takes time 😢

I also saw a 3D graphic of the Redback 2.0 ... damn...I love it!!! Can´t tell more 😷

Ammo: realy, you can feed it what you want. Had no bad luck so far.

The guns come with a 5 shot group bulls eye target in the box.

Its shot at 25m, sitting from a rest. They use the cheapest surpuls ammo...scorpion or so...an my factory groups are like a 1 dollar coin.

Polishing and springs:

Get a -10% CZ trigger spring. That helped the most.

I Polished the trigger bar, the hammer/sear (careful!!!!!) and that it.

I have like 2800gram DA and 800gram SA.

enough for me.

hope I could help.

Cheers,

Rob

On 7/27/2020 at 7:27 PM, KommBat said:

The Drake will be exactly 5" .... with DA/SA Production Division ready.... and a 10 auto could fit...

But ....

WHY??? 🤷‍♂️

I thought the Drake was supposed to be the new Standard division gun? With the thumb rest and all.. Or can it be used in production and is it a step up from Redback? I am confused..

13 hours ago, Fasthenk65 said:

I thought the Drake was supposed to be the new Standard division gun? With the thumb rest and all.. Or can it be used in production and is it a step up from Redback? I am confused..

Ok, let me set things straight....

The Redback: 4.5“ , Small Frame, 9x19 only, DA/SA or SAO, Bullbarrel 

So it’s a high quality Production Gun wich you can use in Standard Minor.

The Drake: 5“, Large Frame (same as for the Raptor 9x21) , 9x19, .40 (18+1), (.45 possible), SAO or DA/SA, Barrel Bushing with Ball bearing, weight reduced Slide, Mag funnel, frame mounted full adjustable gas paddel, 

So this is a high quality Standard Major gun. But it could be used in Standard Minor OR with a DA/SA Trigger in Production ....if you want to...

Or you just mount a Red dot on it and do something else ;)

cheers,

Rob 

2 minutes ago, KommBat said:

The Drake: 5“, Large Frame (same as for the Raptor 9x21) , 9x19, .40 (18+1), (.45 possible), SAO or DA/SA, Barrel Bushing with Ball bearing, weight reduced Slide, Mag funnel, frame mounted full adjustable gas paddel, 

So this is a high quality Standard Major gun. But it could be used in Standard Minor OR with a DA/SA Trigger in Production ....if you want to...

I need to see the Drake in Production format or Production Optics.  I love my RedBack, but you have me interested, when could we possibly see this?

Steve

On 7/29/2020 at 6:39 PM, Phoenix1977 said:

Fasthenk, Did you eventually buy one from Maurice Drummen? If so, how do you like it ?

Not yet need to clear my gun collection first 🙂 Visiting them soon though! Would like to shoot the redback first.........

2 hours ago, Fasthenk65 said:

Not yet need to clear my gun collection first 🙂 Visiting them soon though! Would like to shoot the redback first.........

He has a full steel SAO Redback you can testfire. Best to give him a call

On 7/30/2020 at 7:06 AM, Zerofade said:

I need to see the Drake in Production format or Production Optics.  I love my RedBack, but you have me interested, when could we possibly see this?

Steve

Soon! Saw the first production run at the Factory.... they are careful but it wouldn’t be long. 
Don’t know if they get the Raptor out on the street this year. Maybe Christmas 😉

but I would guess at IWA.