Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Phoenix redback lite

On 2/14/2021 at 11:02 AM, Phoenix1977 said:

Please leave this thread Schultz, you’re kinda annoying.

anyone has any experience with holsters for a Redback?

That's also my question, would be nice if RHT could make a holster for this gun... 

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/14/2021 at 3:02 AM, Phoenix1977 said:

Please leave this thread Schultz, you’re kinda annoying.

anyone has any experience with holsters for a Redback?

I tried a DAA Alpha-X with a RedBack insert.  I don’t like race holsters though, I eventually had a holster made by a local guy that builds holsters.  It’s very simple, but it works great.  I have heard of others using the Guga Ribas Neo GX holster, I don’t have any experience with it though.

1 hour ago, Zerofade said:

I tried a DAA Alpha-X with a RedBack insert.  I don’t like race holsters though, I eventually had a holster made by a local guy that builds holsters.  It’s very simple, but it works great.  I have heard of others using the Guga Ribas Neo GX holster, I don’t have any experience with it though.

I got a Guga Ribas universal closed holster myself, it's ok but it feels a bit blocky. I ordered a custom one from Denmark, but haven't been able to the gun to test the holster.

2 minutes ago, Blackstone45 said:

I got a Guga Ribas universal closed holster myself, it's ok but it feels a bit blocky. I ordered a custom one from Denmark, but haven't been able to the gun to test the holster.

Who did you order from?  Do you have any pictures?

Just now, Fasthenk65 said:

I drop RHT an email, maybe some of you can do that to, Red Hill Tactical holster are for me the best out there (and nice looking)

Agreed, I have an RHT fir a different gun, it is awesome.  I don’t live in the USA, otherwise I would send my pistol to them for a custom fit holster.  Maybe if one of the US guys has one and ships it in, we could have a bunch made/distributed.

6 hours ago, Blackstone45 said:

Great, I would like to know and see the DK Holster. I know that there is a decent guy makeing Kydex rigs. I belive its DKYX. They made me a great TQ holder.

I have started with the Guga Ribas Race Holster. It is safe and fast but the adjustement is takeing some time. Now run the Guga Ribas Neo. Ist Looks funny but it is my Favorit now. I just like „closed“ Holsters more than Open race Holsters.

cheers,

Kommbat

11 hours ago, KommBat said:

Great, I would like to know and see the DK Holster. I know that there is a decent guy makeing Kydex rigs. I belive its DKYX. They made me a great TQ holder.

I have started with the Guga Ribas Race Holster. It is safe and fast but the adjustement is takeing some time. Now run the Guga Ribas Neo. Ist Looks funny but it is my Favorit now. I just like „closed“ Holsters more than Open race Holsters.

cheers,

Kommbat

I bought this one: https://bjorntactical.com/product/pro-competition-holster/

Again, I haven't been able to try the gun in the holster yet because of the pandemic and not being able to travel to Switzerland :(

20 hours ago, SGT_Schultz said:

It will never be CO legal until it's in the production list.

I’m not sure about USPSA, but they are on the production list for the rest of the world (IPSC).

Edited by Zerofade

On 2/18/2021 at 4:37 AM, Blackstone45 said:

I remember one of the guys at the factory told me that it could be a bit picky with regards to ammo. How long do you load your rounds?

I load to 1.10 OAL, but I have used other ammo and have not had any issues

On 2/18/2021 at 12:37 PM, Blackstone45 said:

I remember one of the guys at the factory told me that it could be a bit picky with regards to ammo. How long do you load your rounds?

I can not confirm that. 
We have tried every ammo brand we could get our hands on and never run into a single problem with any of our guns. 
As for bullet weight... 2 of my boys like 145/147gr, one just changed to 130 and I rather like light bullet weights. 115 is great but I also shot 124gr S+B bulk box ammo. 
What we don’t recommand is this MaxxTech ammo. We belive that it is unsafe. 

it’s the Indian, not the Arrow

this is defenatly the downside of the Redback. You can’t blame the gun anymore 😉

cheers,

Rob 

4 hours ago, KommBat said:

I can not confirm that. 
We have tried every ammo brand we could get our hands on and never run into a single problem with any of our guns. 
As for bullet weight... 2 of my boys like 145/147gr, one just changed to 130 and I rather like light bullet weights. 115 is great but I also shot 124gr S+B bulk box ammo. 

this is defenatly the downside of the Redback. You can’t blame the gun anymore 😉

cheers,

Rob 

Thanks as always. Yes I've run about 400rds total, a mix of Geco, Fiocchi and Magtech through the Redback and haven't had any stoppages. Maybe Lee at ASL was just trying to sell me more Fiocchi ;)

On 2/24/2021 at 7:21 AM, KommBat said:

I can not confirm that. 

cheers,

Rob 

So do I understand it correctly you shoot factory ammo? Asking since I consider changing to factory (move to smaller house) but really hesitate when I compare 147 at 132 PF in my Shadow 2 compared to factory Geco's... I feel extra recoil slows me down, Or is it just a matter of getting adjusted and should't I be worried?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2021 at 11:06 AM, KommBat said:

Hey Alex, brother,  how is it going?

Was good to see you at the European Championship.

You also did very well. Great Job!

Hope the WHC is happening this year at least.

By then I will be turned "Senior" so you better keep up the training 😉 

Stay safe!

Cheers from Berlin

Rob

Sorry for my delay, Glad to hear about you! I work hard, hoppng for the best results ...who I whish for you too.

On 2/25/2021 at 12:57 PM, Fasthenk65 said:

So do I understand it correctly you shoot factory ammo? Asking since I consider changing to factory (move to smaller house) but really hesitate when I compare 147 at 132 PF in my Shadow 2 compared to factory Geco's... I feel extra recoil slows me down, Or is it just a matter of getting adjusted and should't I be worried?

Yeah, I also shot factory ammo.

Well, it’s all personal preference.

I personaly have the feeling, that the soft, long stroke, dipping 147gr is slowing me down...Hahahah....

I rather run 115gr in my opinion it’s tracks the sights better.

cheers,

Rob