Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Phoenix redback lite

I shot the SAO redback light in 9mm and it was phenomenal ! The build quality is top notch and so is the price but man, when these are production legal I think you can’t get any better in terms of quality and precision right out of the box. I’m not a group shooter but this was head box at about 12 yards.

a155222e021a19d0f963b4871153bd01.jpg

cccbd7b2fff82c854e5c390287ae7bfa.jpg

860b3608d04920e5247890cdd260dc08.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The correct link should be https://www.phx.swiss , I think. Where did you find about a .40 being on the way?

I heard about it too from the Sportsman’s loft, which I am fortunate to live only 15min away from. They were running the range when I was able to shoot this gun. I will say the fit and finish on all of these are absolutely top notch and they are built to be precise. I think the SAO in 40 will knock it out of the park when they start cranking them out

Not alot to be found, but here’s a pic of the open class Raptor , and the single action Drake in .40
AA015999-8E46-4795-886A-3143C3786EDB.jpeg.2f85a2149a7fcdd3e8a79bc681c2cc69.jpeg

Man those look awesome!

Also just a heads up for everyone, my blue bullets loads at 1.135 were way too long for it unfortunately but a ream will solve that.

I love it, will be expensive like 3.800 euro level

Yup pricey but perfect out of the box. Man they are nice. I think they really hit the niche of just out of the box overbuilt quality. No need to do anything to it but shoot. And the triggers are so nice. Very low recoil too

1 hour ago, Phoenix1977 said:
2 hours ago, Fasthenk65 said:

Bedankt Henk, ik ga gelijk die DWJ nabestellen!

wil wel kopie voor je maken 🙂 geen schiet test meer tech info...

Edited by Fasthenk65

26 minutes ago, war_material said:

Yup pricey but perfect out of the box. Man they are nice. I think they really hit the niche of just out of the box overbuilt quality. No need to do anything to it but shoot. And the triggers are so nice. Very low recoil too

Yes I felt trigger of a SA made Redback, fantastic!!!! Love the gun, o man I need to save money 🙂

I own a Phoenix Redback Carry Optic version that I shoot in IPSC.  The gun is 2.92lb dry plus optic.  It is a great shooter, I have it mounted with a Trijicon SRO.  The fit and finish of these pistols is excellent.  Let me know if you have any questions.

RedBack 2.jpg

29 minutes ago, Zerofade said:

I own a Phoenix Redback Carry Optic version that I shoot in IPSC.  The gun is 2.92lb dry plus optic.  It is a great shooter, I have it mounted with a Trijicon SRO.  The fit and finish of these pistols is excellent.  Let me know if you have any questions.

RedBack 2.jpg

Can you tell us the DA and SA trigger pull with standard springs? And do they offer different hammer springs or can we use CZ ones? Tnx!

11 minutes ago, Fasthenk65 said:

Can you tell us the DA and SA trigger pull with standard springs? And do they offer different hammer springs or can we use CZ ones? Tnx!

The DA is listed as 8lb, it is a heavy pull, however, it is smooth doesn't really stack.  The SA is listed as 3lb.  The SA is really nice and clean.  The Redback has a Main spring housing like a 1911.  I just ordered a lighter 1911 main spring for it.  Others have told me to expect a lighter DA pull with this lighter main spring.  I can report back next week when mine arrives.

16 hours ago, Fasthenk65 said:

wil wel kopie voor je maken 🙂 geen schiet test meer tech info...

Hoi Henk, heel vriendelijk van je, maar ik heb het blad reeds besteld!

Sorry for the Dutch babbling guys, it’s always so funny to meet a fellow countryman from a small country on a U.S. gunforum. Our country is so small, you could drive from one side to the other side of the country within 3 hours!

Edited by Phoenix1977

Hey, people are only supposed to say that in threads about the Laugo Alien! [emoji16][emoji28][emoji1787]

The .40 might tempt me to go for IPSC Standard, instead of Classic.

Haha I know right! I wonder how big it will be in the US when these become production legal since they are so expensive. I know I wanted one but they increased the weight in carry optics so I got my tanfo back.

I think you’ll love the .40 in standard haha do it! [emoji4]

9 hours ago, Zerofade said:

The DA is listed as 8lb, it is a heavy pull, however, it is smooth doesn't really stack.  The SA is listed as 3lb.  The SA is really nice and clean.  The Redback has a Main spring housing like a 1911.  I just ordered a lighter 1911 main spring for it.  Others have told me to expect a lighter DA pull with this lighter main spring.  I can report back next week when mine arrives.

I would appreciate!!

Fasthenk, don’t know where you live, but if you are really interested, you are welcome to shoot my SAO full steel Redback (once the Corona blows over) mine will also be placed with a test in AK57 gunmagazine anytime soon.

Maurice Drummen has al the models in stock at the moment!

2 hours ago, Phoenix1977 said:

Fasthenk, don’t know where you live, but if you are really interested, you are welcome to shoot my SAO full steel Redback (once the Corona blows over) mine will also be placed with a test in AK57 gunmagazine anytime soon.

Maurice Drummen has al the models in stock at the moment!

Would love to shoot it! About to buy one and held them at Drummen 🙂 Would be really interested to make some shots!!!!!!!! Super tnx!