Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RMR 124gr TCFP Matchwinners

anonymouscuban

Received my first order from RMR. 3000 124gr TCFP Matchwinner FMJ. I paid $222 shipped. That brings them to 7.4 cents each. Smoking price for FMJ.

Impressed with this company so far. They shipped my order right away. Received them all they way in California in less than a week. Packaging was best I've seen. I've had issues in the past with other companies.

I haven't loaded any yet but did shoot some a friend of mine ordered. They were quite accurate out of both our SP-01's. He ran them with Titegroup. I plan on running them with Win 231.

Bullets look great. Weight was very consistent. Average was 123.6gr. Min was 123.5 and max at 123.7. Looking forward to working up a load and shooting these. Have to work through my last several thousand Brazos first.

Can anyone running these with 231 share your load data?

Edited by anonymouscuban

Great outfit, great products. Just recently loaded their 147 gr. FMJ TC. I like it and I'm not really even an FMJ guy typically. Have an article on the way for the Western Powders Blog and several different RMR bullets were used. 

After getting involved in a great thread here I decided to add a .355" 147 to the article. I had WIN 147 gr. JHPs on the way, but I really wanted to keep the article all RMR. Told Jacob Wilcox about my dilemma. They don't have a 147 gr. JHP as yet, so he sent me the 147 gr. FMJ TC and there is also a RN version at 147 grs. Gotta admit that I like the bullet. Didn't have much to go on except Western data, so the loads I fired yesterday that were charged with AA No 2 and True Blue were not quite where I wanted them with the No 2 load at least .1 gr. too high and the True Blue load about .2 grs. low. Think it will be an easy adjustment.😉

I loaded those with 4.0-4.1 Gr of Winchester 231 and Sport Pistol @ 1.100” - 1.102” OAL for my shadow 2, X5 and TSO before shifting over to precision delta JHP after buying a couple of MPX. The only reason of shifting over to the PD JHP was to prevent leading of the compensators on the MPXs. The Match winners are great bullets. Very consistent in weight and accurate.

2 hours ago, K-Texas said:

Great outfit, great products. Just recently loaded their 147 gr. FMJ TC. I like it and I'm not really even an FMJ guy typically. Have an article on the way for the Western Powders Blog and several different RMR bullets were used. 

After getting involved in a great thread here I decided to add a .355" 147 to the article. I had WIN 147 gr. JHPs on the way, but I really wanted to keep the article all RMR. Told Jacob Wilcox about my dilemma. They don't have a 147 gr. JHP as yet, so he sent me the 147 gr. FMJ TC and there is also a RN version at 147 grs. Gotta admit that I like the bullet. Didn't have much to go on except Western data, so the loads I fired yesterday that were charged with AA No 2 and True Blue were not quite where I wanted them with the No 2 load at least .1 gr. too high and the True Blue load about .2 grs. low. Think it will be an easy adjustment.😉

Looking forward to reading the article.  Ordering some RMR 124 Match Winners and I have a couple kegs of AA#2 on hand.

I was shooting the 124 gr.match winner in my shadow 2  at 1.085 oal with 4.2 grs. of sport pistol very accurate bullet /load. I bought a open gun with a comp so I switched to delta Precision with a jacketed base to keep from leading the comp another good bullet. You can’t go wrong with the match winners.

Their 115 gr Mini Matchwinner is one of my favorite bullets.

I asked Jake, the owner, about a 147 gr JHP and he said there were no plans to produce one. He gave me a reason why, it was technical and had to do with production, but I can’t remember exactly what it was.

But he seemed pretty sure they would not be producing a 147 JHP. This was back around Christmas when we traded emails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

I load 124 RMR Matchwinner  with 3.8gr American Select. 1.135 OAL.  130 PF out of a Walther Q5 Steel Frame. Super accurate, shoot soft, and super clean.  No soot on brass, barely any smoke in the sunshine. Punches a nice big clean hole through card board!!

I've been an avid RMR user for several years now.  Just ordered another 12K of their 124gr Multi purpose JHP's for my open gun.  I use the 124gr flat point match winners in my S2 for CO.  My load for the S2 is 4.3 grains of HP-38 (same as 231) with an OAL of 1.125 (throat has been reamed).  Of course you'll have to do your own testing to confirm PF from your gun.

I load 124 RMR Matchwinner  with 3.8gr American Select. 1.135 OAL.  130 PF out of a Walther Q5 Steel Frame. Super accurate, shoot soft, and super clean.  No soot on brass, barely any smoke in the sunshine. Punches a nice big clean hole through card board!!

I have some American select I think I’ll give that a try

3 hours ago, Scootertheshooter said:

I have some American select I think I’ll give that a try

A quote from another source. "An Alliant powder rep has stated on another forum that Sport Pistol has an extremely close to almost overlapping burn rate to American Select.  So I’d guess you’ll like it in that usage". 

Apparently Sport Pistol is the new popular "go to" powder right now, and you can't find any. You can find plenty of American Select....

Great info guys. Thanks for sharing. I just picked up a few pounds of Sport Pistol and a couple more pounds of 231 locally from a guy so I will be working up some loads with both. Never used Sport Pistol before but I've heard good stuff.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

I've been using RMR 135 Match Winner for a while now.  In fact I switched from using coated cast bullets to these.  I found that in my Shadow 2 these were alittle more accurate than the various coated cast bullets that I've been using. Ex SNS, and SummersEnterprises.   Im done with cast and now only using these.  BTW the web site said they were back ordered but I still received my order of 21K in 7 days.

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered on the 3/16 and I'm still waiting.

An email went out before stating a label is made and your card is charged right away.

Current wait is approx 6 weeks, when I ordered it was 4 so I'm hopeful for next week. 

This is my first order from them and am hoping to get these soon so I can develop a load for my g34 and then buy a bunch more bullets.