Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taylor Freelance Goliath mag extension

I’ve got two of these extensions. I am loading relatively short, 1.120”, to ensure no salt shaker. TF says 1.125 but I’m giving a little margin. Also I’ve found that glock mag tubes are hit or miss. What I was seeing was the mag feeding very slowly...switched tubes and the rounds snapped up like you’d expect.

Reading the ammo length restriction on the Goliath website,  I was hesitant as I use 124g Federal ammo that is slightly longer than specified.  I've had absolutely no issues whatsoever - I love the rigidity and strength.  I didn't tweak anything worked out of the box.  

Phil 

Edited by philmadxx
clarify extension
  • 2 weeks later...

I've got one that runs good with MGB 115 JHP's at 1.125" and Speer Lawman 115 TMJ's at 1.155"-1.160" ( know that's longer that TF recommends).

I've only ran 100 rounds of Speer, but I've run 400-500 of the MGB's.

I did have to radius/bevel the follower so it would load past 30-31 rounds.

Several folks have posted that not all Glock 31-33 round mags are the same.  I guess I got lucky.

On 2/25/2020 at 12:40 PM, jackson923 said:

Following as I've tried all of the Youtube tricks and recommendations and still can't get it to run 100%

how does it fail?   nose up or nose down jam? other issues? 

have fit over 6 of these some times it a gun issue. had to add a pad of JB weld to tighten up the mag

to maintain the angle and stop some of the moving around on one gun.

went through several (10-12) different mags to get the 6 to work .

Edited by AHI

I must be the oddball. I can't get these to fail. I'm really liking the TF Goliaths. I use them a bunch in practice since they hold a ton of rounds and are really robust. The attachment system is by far my favorite for rigidity around the mag / extension interface. 

Factory Federal 130 PCC or 150 Action Pistol are both good. Also used several thousand 115 and 147 grain reloads and they were fine. 

As a rule......HUGE extensions for the Glock magazines are typically not the problem if they do not work with the factory glock magazine. The factory mag was never designed to feed shells thru the bottom....period. Once you prep your follower and magazine....load 36 to 40 rounds in the mag....if it is slow pushing the rounds up, use another magazine. Found this to be true with ours (TACCOM), TF and MBX.....in all cases, the problem has always been the magazine and not the extension. I made 4 extended magazine 2 years ago.....went thru 6 mags to get 4 to work. And.....those 4 mags are still working to this day. For the most part, I only load 40 rounds in them, rarely more and only if I have to. Last year I did have to replace the spring on one mag and once I did that....it came back to functioning 100%. Once you get the mag/extension to function......I'd suggest not to take it apart. Consider the assembly one HUGE magazine. Clean it as one. If your magazine does start to fail......my experience has been.....replace the spring, it's worn out.

Tim

On 3/1/2020 at 9:41 AM, AHI said:

how does it fail?   nose up or nose down jam? other issues? 

have fit over 6 of these some times it a gun issue. had to add a pad of JB weld to tighten up the mag

to maintain the angle and stop some of the moving around on one gun.

went through several (10-12) different mags to get the 6 to work .

Yes the rounds are being driven into the bottom of the barrel and not feeding into the throat.  I tried JB well to keep the mag angled and it did not work.  Now I’m having issues with the follower not pressing down into the extension 

Jack 

Does your gun have a feed ramp? If not it will help.

TRUBL(taccom3gun) and my self have both stated not all 33round Glock mags will work.

Try a different mag. Now Ill make a suggestion its not real popular.Get a ETS 33 round mag.

Install it on the Goliath(it will work) .Be care full they are a harder plastic (brittle). See if that 

works.If it does you know it is the Glock mag.Also the ETS mag presents the round more nose up.

5 hours ago, AHI said:

Jack 

......... Now Ill make a suggestion its not real popular.Get a ETS 33 round mag.........

BOOOO HIIIISSSSSS.........I know people have good luck with the ETS, I've not been able to get any ETS mag to run, except the 45acp mags.

21 hours ago, TRUBL said:

BOOOO HIIIISSSSSS.........I know people have good luck with the ETS, I've not been able to get any ETS mag to run, except the 45acp mags.

Told ya