Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Striker channel liner question??????

TxVet33

3 minutes ago, TxVet33 said:

If anyone has use the brass liner, what do you think of the performance?  Just curious.    11B.    MAGA

Why would the brass liner be a thing?  What’s it supposed to do?  I’ll answer the question though, it will not make you any better and is probably a complete waste of money. 

Just now, TxVet33 said:

OK, I apologize for asking such a banal question on this busy Tuesday morning.  Have a good week.  

Sorry man. Just joking around. But seriously, it’s not gonna do anything but make you wallet empty. 

saying that, I’ve spent a crap ton of money on things so, buy it and try it. 

Just now, TxVet33 said:

no worries,, I've already bought it (for a friend) and it's going in my friends latest home brew.  Later.

Please let us know how it works for you. 

Maybe I’m wrong and it’ll be the greatest thing ever!

I Cerakoted one of 17's and honestly didn't know that the liner was in there...oops..

It melted in the oven and I just took it out. I shot it about 4000 rounds over the next year or so and didn't have any issues.

I know that isn't your question, just a heads up.

I would think adding reciprocating weight in the slide would be less than desirable for a game gun, causing it to nose dive more when going into battery.  Everyone is taking weight out of slides these days.

1 hour ago, 12glocks said:

I would think adding reciprocating weight in the slide would be less than desirable for a game gun, causing it to nose dive more when going into battery.  Everyone is taking weight out of slides these days.

Have you ever seen bob Vogel's glock? Huge chunk of metal screwed to the slide, and he even used it before he put the light/weight on the gun

41 minutes ago, RJH said:

Have you ever seen bob Vogel's glock? Huge chunk of metal screwed to the slide, and he even used it before he put the light/weight on the gun

No I have not.  I googled it and it looks like a stock Glock 34 slide in all the pics. 

I can see weight not in the slide.

53 minutes ago, 12glocks said:

No I have not.  I googled it and it looks like a stock Glock 34 slide in all the pics. 

I can see weight not in the slide.

I think it is his 24, it has a weight hanging off the left side of the slide by the muzzle. Basically where everyone says that you don't want any weight. He has shot it that for a long time

Edited to add: i just Googled it on my phone and found it down about 6 or so pics, tried to post it here, but don't know how. Maybe someone else can do it

Edited by RJH

I’m new to Glock’s.  I mill and build all My weapons and l like a heavy weapon.  I ain’t humping over there no more.  Plus I don’t like any rubber or polymer in my weapons.  Except recoil reduction parts.  That’s just my preference.  The sleeve doesn’t add that much weight all things considered.  I appreciate all the remarks and will let you know how it works out.   Pray for the troops, the generals and POTUS.  

IIRC Vogel mounted a light and filled it with lead, and it was for limited class. A tip that I got from Johnny Glock was to polish the inside of  the channel liner with Flitz or green polishing rouge, or buy the one from Lonewolf as it’s already slick because they use a different plastic. Never heard of a brass liner. Seems like a solution in search of a problem.

If you pull out a Glock OEM channel liner, the inside is really rough, even brand new ones.  I sent a slide out to BattleWerx for optic milling and when it came back the trigger felt amazing.  I found out they remove the OEM liners when re-finishing and replace them with the white liners from Lone Wolf. https://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=634145  They cost the same but the insides are completely smooth.  It only drops the weight by an once or so, but it removes a lot of the grittyness and stacking since the spring cups and striker spring are rubbing against slick plastic.  They're all I use now.