Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Striker channel liner question??????

TxVet33

22 hours ago, earlan357 said:

If you pull out a Glock OEM channel liner, the inside is really rough, even brand new ones.  I sent a slide out to BattleWerx for optic milling and when it came back the trigger felt amazing.  I found out they remove the OEM liners when re-finishing and replace them with the white liners from Lone Wolf. https://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=634145  They cost the same but the insides are completely smooth.  It only drops the weight by an once or so, but it removes a lot of the grittyness and stacking since the spring cups and striker spring are rubbing against slick plastic.  They're all I use now.

I’m going to try that in my carry Glock that’s all stock just to see what the difference is. I need to grab a channel liner tool. 

• 1 year later...

Hey guys. Dave here from NineX19. We ship all of our slides with one of our brass channel liners as an added value.

We have found the benefit to be two-fold. For starters, we undersized the OD of our channel liner ever so slightly. This allows for tool-less installation and removal for cleaning and inspection. Second, the brass provides a lower friction surface for the striker assembly than the original plastic and it's more resistant to chemicals and wear.

Will it provide any tangible performance benefits? Not likely. It's primarily a convenience item and a small reliability/longevity upgrade that some people appreciate.

Jentra makes one out of stainless steel, claiming the same "lower friction than plastic v. plastic" and "increased Firing Pin speed with light Firing Pin Springs".

Edited by Braxton1