Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig Romeo3 XL,,,

texasdawg

I was told by Atlas that the front of the R3Max/XL has extra material so it wont fit the older mounts. YMMV

I also just bought a R3XL.Mainly caus the 510C is so ugly in my opinion on the gun [emoji4] 

Now question is do I put it on with only a week until Nationals?  hmmmmm

Difference on atlas mount would be the bend on front that functions as blast shield

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The XL will fit on a Atlas Romeo 3 mount. It actually has room to spare. Adam put one on for me Sunday!  It will not fit on their RTS2 mount. They will have a mount for the max/xl in stock soon from coating.  I started with the original Romeo 3, then went to the Holosun and now have the XL installed. Window size is close except the rounded corners. 

E0D788AE-F433-4BAC-9E2D-9B65254103C1.jpeg

8D34F8D8-4691-4DB4-912C-8E988EC9607D.jpeg

Edited by kitestir

Ran the gun a couple hundred in practice, an indoor match, and Saturday a 180ish round outdoor match in the Texas sun. Every thing seems to be doing fine and liking the way the gun runs lighter. Seems more balanced in the hands, still getting used to how it runs under pressure. I seem to be pushing it a little,,, Dot is holding up fine and except for one time when I ran all the way across the bay as fast as I could and pulled the gun back into position and couldn't find the dot for a second, finding the dot has been no problem,,, at two steps down from full up,,,

20190831_213904_resized.jpg

For me, the XL is the best dot going from a weight and visual standpoint.    The only real concern seems to be regarding durability.   I doubt it will have any problems on an Open gun, at least no more than any other dot.    Whether or not it can withstand the demands of being installed directly on a slide for CO is another matter altogether.    I remain hopeful. 

Does anyone know if this will fit the Cheely RTS2 mount or will it have the same problem as the Atlas RTS2 mount?

I was told yesterday that the Limcat mount will not work for the Romeo XL. Looks like atlas has an option for it but believe it is different than the rts2 mount.

It’s on.  Gun feels lighter and looks better now.  

This is with new Atlas Romeo3xl mount.  Noticed it sits way further back than the Holosun.  
DCC415DA-58BD-4154-B79C-939C6283FBAC.jpeg.0f643f530498c87a6171a642985f5579.jpeg
BD2ACC09-0B03-45C6-A434-D7213601DA70.jpeg.94554659585b5751d16228c34c926fdf.jpeg

Did your Romeo XL fit on the index tabs of the mount or did you file them off? Mine doesn’t want to drop onto the tabs. They are extremely short so doubtful they will actually make a difference

3 minutes ago, kujo929 said:

Did your Romeo XL fit on the index tabs of the mount or did you file them off? Mine doesn’t want to drop onto the tabs. They are extremely short so doubtful they will actually make a difference

Mine snapped right on my original Romeo 3 Atlas mount......

Mine snapped right on my original Romeo 3 Atlas mount......

Ah. my mount is the new Romeo Max/Romeo XL mount. Everything looks like it should line up but doesn’t want to drop on. Something is just barely out of spec on either mount or sight.

56 minutes ago, kujo929 said:

Ah. my mount is the new Romeo Max/Romeo XL mount. Everything looks like it should line up but doesn’t want to drop on. Something is just barely out of spec on either mount or sight.

I don’t recall having any issues....  I don’t even think I saw index tabs on the mount surface, but I could be wrong

I don’t recall having any issues....  I don’t even think I saw index tabs on the mount surface, but I could be wrong

Mine wouldn’t go on for anything. I filed the tabs off and it dropped on just fine. The tabs on that are only around 1mm tall so barely there anyway.