Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig Romeo3 XL,,,

texasdawg

I ordered the XL and the SRO to see which one I like better.  I'm almost hoping I like the XL better so I can keep my RTS2 as a back up and use one mount.  I figure if the RTS2 and the XL have the same mounting pattern then the RTS2 should fit on an XL mount.  I know it won't go the other way due to the front end of the XL.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only a few hundred round on the XL an I already like it a lot. Very crisp dot. Even in very bright sunlight it stood out. To dryfire with it you have to use the middle settings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

47 minutes ago, kujo929 said:

Only a few hundred round on the XL an I already like it a lot. Very crisp dot. Even in very bright sunlight it stood out. To dryfire with it you have to use the middle settings.

What optic were you running ?

3 minutes ago, kujo929 said:

Holosun 510C. 2moa dot

I’m thinking of giving one a go I run an Rts2 

was curious to see if anyone made that change yet and if it’s even worth trying 

2 minutes ago, Revofan said:

I also went from a 510C Green.  I actually like the Holosun but the optic was ugly and heavy.

the gun feels so much lighter now on the top end and I feel my transitions can be faster now.  Will have to do an outdoor match to see how I like the XL in the sun

I went from RTS2 to DPP to Holosun.

The Holosun was most forgiving for SHO/WHO shooting by far but don’t have enough time on the XL yet to say how it will be in comparison.

But on the chaos with the Holosun I had brass marks on the back of the site housing and with the Romeo there is nothing so that little bit of extra clearance was all it needed. Extra insurance.

Hard to see and I cant slow motion on YouTube, but here was the 510C blasting away.  I have some marks on the back of the optic mount as well but never had an ejection issue in almost a year of shooting it. 

12 hours ago, clw42 said:

I ordered the XL and the SRO to see which one I like better.  I'm almost hoping I like the XL better so I can keep my RTS2 as a back up and use one mount.  I figure if the RTS2 and the XL have the same mounting pattern then the RTS2 should fit on an XL mount.  I know it won't go the other way due to the front end of the XL.

For the R3XL to fit on the RTS2 mount there needs to be a little bit machined off the front. It's close, but it isn't a direct bolt up.

2 hours ago, skullmug said:

For the R3XL to fit on the RTS2 mount there needs to be a little bit machined off the front. It's close, but it isn't a direct bolt up.

Yeah, I figure it's easier to get a R3 mount to replace the RTS2 mount, that way I should be able to fit both.  Of course it's possible I'll like the SRO better and then it's a two mount solution with the RTS2 as a back up.

I'm really thinking of switching to the r3xl from the 510c. The window looks like its not much different in size but the option for a 6moa dot is nice. The actual physical size and weight being less is also a plus to me.

The window does feel smaller when going from the 510c. But the large dot is nice so far.

4 hours ago, kujo929 said:

The window does feel smaller when going from the 510c. But the large dot is nice so far.

Hopefully it'll hold up for a long time with no issues. I've got about 10k rds on my 510c and still running good and on the original battery. I'm gonna have to see if i can find one and look at it in person. 

Hopefully it'll hold up for a long time with no issues. I've got about 10k rds on my 510c and still running good and on the original battery. I'm gonna have to see if i can find one and look at it in person. 

Agree. I had no issues at all with my Holosun 510c with 15k on it and another 510c on my backup. I just wish they offered a larger MOA dot. Hopefully they will before long.

I got a chance to look at the romeo3xl 6moa today and compare it to the 510c. The window size kinda looks like its in between the 510c and DPP. The dot on the xl is much brighter than the 510c and of course the dot is a lot bigger. From first impression I really like it and think its gonna replace my 510c.

On 10/1/2019 at 8:04 AM, Revofan said:

I just sent my RTS2 back to C-More.  The dot was very dim and though the box said it was 8 MOA, it didn't seem to be when compared to others, but that could be due to the dimness of the dot.  To me it's worth it.  The buttons are better, the dot is a tad more defined, it's definitely brighter, and the window is bigger. 

On 10/1/2019 at 8:04 AM, Revofan said:

My buddy switched from RTS2 to the XL and loves it.  He's shot 3 matches with it and is going to swap all his out. The bigger window with clearer glass and a brighter dot are why.  His bolted right up to the STI mount he had with no mods