Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 Legion Optics Compatibility

iride

Seriously considering picking up an X5 Legion and I want to put a dot on it. I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out exactly what is and isn't compatible. As I understand it so far, I can have a Romeo 1 or the Delta Point Pro without adapter plate or most anything else I want if I get an adapter plate to go with it. Correct so far? 

Second part is as far as the Romeo 1 options. Do I have to wait for the Romeo 1 Pro to finally ship to run without a plate or does the current Romeo 1 also work without a plate? 

I'd prefer to mount without the plate if I can get away with it but I'd also rather no just throw a bunch of money at optics when I don't really need to! 

So basically DPP or a plate since the Romeo1Pro doesn't look like it's going to be available at the very least anytime this year if not longer. I was afraid of that...2.5 moa is too small and I'm not really sure how I feel about the large triangle reticle. 

22 hours ago, iride said:

2.5 moa is too small and I'm not really sure how I feel about the large triangle reticle. 

Have you tried it?

I’m coming from an 8 moa cmore I have on my open gun and PCC to this 2.5 DPP on my X5 Legion and it is working pretty we’ll especially with it turned all the way up. I didn’t think I would like it but it’s not bad. 

I thought the 2.5 would be too small as well. Actually it was not that bad. The dot size did not let me down as much as the optic itself did. Maybe 400 rounds and the battery contact has already slid from recoil. Trying the 5MOA SRO next.

13 hours ago, Big Don said:

I thought the 2.5 would be too small as well. Actually it was not that bad. The dot size did not let me down as much as the optic itself did. Maybe 400 rounds and the battery contact has already slid from recoil. Trying the 5MOA SRO next.

I'd suggest looking through a 2.5moa first, like most Trijicon's the dot balloons on the glass and is actually bigger then 2.5 IMO. I bought a 2.5 instead of waiting on the 5moa. FWIW I'm also currently using a 6moa Romeo1.

I used a 3 moa for 6 months. Indoors it's fine, outdoors in bright sunlight it was hard to tell the dot apart from a spec of dirt on the lens especially when shooting fast. You can manage it on a rifle but it's ridiculous on a pistol. That's why the 6 moa. I don't have that problem with the 6. 

Has anyone seen the Romeo 3MAX's out in the wild yet? Optics Planet says 1-2 month, but they always say that! :)

I wonder what the mounting pattern is for that optic? Will it require an adapter plate, or does it have the same screw pattern as the R1P?

I've got 10k-15k rounds through three different DPPs, all with the 2.5 MOA dot. I can say that there has only been one single time I've ever wished for a larger dot, which was shooting a match in the desert (ABQ, NM) in blazing sunshine on a range comprised of reddish/tan rock and sand where the dot just kind of blended into the background. That's the only day I can ever recall having any difficulty whatsoever tracking the dot. Otherwise, no issues, even on the brightest days.

6 minutes ago, ClangClang said:

I've got 10k-15k rounds through three different DPPs, all with the 2.5 MOA dot. I can say that there has only been one single time I've ever wished for a larger dot, which was shooting a match in the desert (ABQ, NM) in blazing sunshine on a range comprised of reddish/tan rock and sand where the dot just kind of blended into the background. That's the only day I can ever recall having any difficulty whatsoever tracking the dot. Otherwise, no issues, even on the brightest days.

But some of us are OLD and can't see a thing!!! :)

4 hours ago, Doublehelix said:

Has anyone seen the Romeo 3MAX's out in the wild yet? Optics Planet says 1-2 month, but they always say that! :)

I wonder what the mounting pattern is for that optic? Will it require an adapter plate, or does it have the same screw pattern as the R1P?

Have a Romeo 3 Max but it has a RTS2 mounting pattern and to top it off it is a little longer on the front so it may or not fit a normal RTS2 mount pattern. The mounting screws are 4mm instead of the normal RTS2 8/32 mount screws as well. Unfortunately the Legion only fits DPP and R1 pro pattern optics.

20 hours ago, xdnok said:

Have a Romeo 3 Max but it has a RTS2 mounting pattern and to top it off it is a little longer on the front so it may or not fit a normal RTS2 mount pattern. The mounting screws are 4mm instead of the normal RTS2 8/32 mount screws as well. Unfortunately the Legion only fits DPP and R1 pro pattern optics.

So what do you think? Do you like it? Is the glass bigger than the Romeo 1, or are you not familiar with the Romeo 1. Any comparison would be great! Thanks!

On 8/27/2019 at 8:30 AM, Doublehelix said:

But some of us are OLD and can't see a thing!!! :)

How old? I’m 69 and a half and have enjoyed my DPP 2.5 MOA in competitions for over a year, probably 4-5K rounds. Mounted on a G35, first as a Dueck Defense dovetail mount then the last nine months with a Carver Competition frame mount. I’m in Southern California where it’s nearly always sunny. 

Made the transition to the DPP because I just couldn’t see the front sight without shooting glasses and got tired of the shooting glasses compromising binocular vision.

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Trey1056 said:

If you need another option than the  Romeo 1 Pro, you can use a standard  Romeo 1 and slightly enlarge the screw holes to accept the larger screws. It’s not hard at all. Just increase the holes 1/64” until proper fit. 

I have done enlarging the hole on the Romeo 1. Use a 4mm drill bit and a press so it doesn’t wiggle around. There are no electronics at the vicinity of the holes. I know because I opened it up first before drilling the holes out.

Then get a black permanent marker and dab the holes with the tip so you can get rid of the shine and evidence that you have drilled it in case you have to send it in to Sig later for warranty repair.

On 11/15/2019 at 2:22 AM, Trey1056 said:

If you need another option than the  Romeo 1 Pro, you can use a standard  Romeo 1 and slightly enlarge the screw holes to accept the larger screws. It’s not hard at all. Just increase the holes 1/64” until proper fit. 

On 11/15/2019 at 6:20 AM, George16 said:

I have done enlarging the hole on the Romeo 1. Use a 4mm drill bit and a press so it doesn’t wiggle around. There are no electronics at the vicinity of the holes. I know because I opened it up first before drilling the holes out.

Then get a black permanent marker and dab the holes with the tip so you can get rid of the shine and evidence that you have drilled it in case you have to send it in to Sig later for warranty repair.

What size screws did you use after enlarging the holes ?