Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carry Optics Sight for 320 Legion

DaveM

OK so I’ve shot both a Glock 17 and a Tangfo Stock 2 in carry optics both with a Burris FF 2. Hated both and went back to production because I couldn’t keep the dot in the window on recoil and had much trouble tracking it. Basically I would finish higher overall in production.  I just got a P320 X5 Legion and I’m itching to try CO again just for that big magazine. Is there any red dot option to make it easier to keep said dot in the window? Also before anyone says it I’m not limp wristing the gun. Basically an A class shooter master in production but I have slid a little since then my eyesight is getting worse hence the other hand reason for carry optics.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Find an optic with a bigger window, that might help you keep up with the dot. I'd suggest finding another CO shooter that has a DPP and see if they'd be willing to let you run a magazine or 2 through it, the DPP has the largest viewing window if I'm not mistaken. The Legion is already cut for the DPP as well...

Edited by PewPewJohnson87

Thanks all. I had not seen the SRO so I’ll check it and the DPP out any word on if sig is coming with a new version of the Romeo that might have a big window? I thought I saw someone mention in a post but nothing on the sig website yet.

SRO 5 MOA, clean big dot seen in a tunnel. The DPP is 2.5 and while it can be turned up very bright it looks like a burst to me. Hard to find one in stock though.

This is a 2.5 MOA, look how natural it looks and tracks

http://

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the responses. I’m torn I like the look of the SRO a little better but it’d be nice that the DPP would mount without a plate. I think I might try a DPP if it don’t suit me I need a sight on a SW 627 too I’ll just move it to that gun and get a SRO later

Hello: You may want to buy 2 DPP's so you can send one in for repairs so you can have one that works in hand at all times. That seems to be the trend around here with the Open and Carry Optics guys. I would do some reading to see what options are out there and what is coming down the pipeline. Thanks, Eric

Thanks for the responses. I’m torn I like the look of the SRO a little better but it’d be nice that the DPP would mount without a plate. I think I might try a DPP if it don’t suit me I need a sight on a SW 627 too I’ll just move it to that gun and get a SRO later

SRO 5.0 appears to be out in the wild but not on the internet. I went into my LGS to pick up my second 320 Legion and there it was, a SRO 5.0 behind the counter up for grabs. I have had an order through OpticsPlanet since early July and they told me on Friday it was delayed again until September 5th.

Guys with Legions on a FB group are reporting no fouling using a SRO. I mounted mine and see for yourself why I think DPP will foul with the Legion’s barrel LCI

IMG_3454.JPG

IMG_3455.JPG

IMG_3458.JPG

2 hours ago, Stician said:

SRO 5.0 appears to be out in the wild but not on the internet. I went into my LGS to pick up my second 320 Legion and there it was, a SRO 5.0 behind the counter up for grabs. I have had an order through OpticsPlanet since early July and they told me on Friday it was delayed again until September 5th.

Guys with Legions on a FB group are reporting no fouling using a SRO. I mounted mine and see for yourself why I think DPP will foul with the Legion’s barrel LCI

IMG_3454.JPG

IMG_3455.JPG

IMG_3458.JPG

Looks like the SRO sit's further out over the LCI- nice photos>

I am not using the Legion slide combo yet but even the Romeo 1 on my GEN 1 slide combo get dirty with carbon dusts and some oil spill after some stages. I just use a target paster to remove them from the glass. Works pretty well.

Shot an invitational match today 250 round count.  Fellow shooter with his new Legion and a DPP.

Keep asking him if the glass was getting fouled/ Dirty he said no every time and never saw him wipe .

Maybe his load combo is clean enough not to be a problem.

Really enjoyed my Tungsten grip module today.  Starting to see more and more benefit to it the more I shoot it!

Looks like the SRO sit's further out over the LCI- nice photos>

An owner with my setup shared he has 2000 rounds down range and fouling is isolated under the hood. I’ll be putting plenty of rounds very soon.