Carry Optics Sight for 320 Legion

DaveM

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Posvar said:

Pushed to 2020.....According to Sig. 

Are you thinking of the Romeo2, or was the R1Pro pushed out as well? 

Two weeks ago I heard from SIG Optics that they would ship around the end of August. 

When I spoke to OpticsPlanet on 8/16 my July pre ordered R1Pro originally had late August ETA but it is now changed to unknown ETA.

600+ rounds today on the Legion w/ SRO. I notice some oil splatter on the glass and gas fouling appears to be under the hood only. I also noticed new brass markings just above the extractor but no markings on the rubber coated hood.

IMG_3463.JPG
IMG_3464.JPG
IMG_3466.JPG
IMG_3469.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regarding Optics Planet, it's also possible that they expect a certain number at a certain time and when they fill those preorders they move to a less specific date for restock. For example, they are saying that the Romeo3Max sights are still months off, but other dealers have been shipping them already. 

17 hours ago, alma said:

Regarding Optics Planet, it's also possible that they expect a certain number at a certain time and when they fill those preorders they move to a less specific date for restock. For example, they are saying that the Romeo3Max sights are still months off, but other dealers have been shipping them already. 

alma- what dealers have you seen the Romeo3Max at?

Thanks

23 hours ago, Stician said:

When I spoke to OpticsPlanet on 8/16 my July pre ordered R1Pro originally had late August ETA but it is now changed to unknown ETA.

600+ rounds today on the Legion w/ SRO. I notice some oil splatter on the glass and gas fouling appears to be under the hood only. I also noticed new brass markings just above the extractor but no markings on the rubber coated hood.

Have you shot with the Romeo 1 before? Can you compare it to the SRO? Just curious if it is that much of an improvement... quicker acquisition, etc.

Have you shot with the Romeo 1 before? Can you compare it to the SRO? Just curious if it is that much of an improvement... quicker acquisition, etc.

I’ve only looked through a Romeo 1 6moa and spoken to guys on the range that transitioned from it to the SRO. I’ve also spoken to a guy with RTS2 and SRO on his Q5 SF. They both prefer the SRO because it is easier to find the dot. In my training session I noticed the dot in the SRO doesn’t disappear while shooting.

On 8/18/2019 at 6:23 PM, Stician said:

IMG_3463.JPG
IMG_3464.JPG
IMG_3466.JPG
IMG_3469.JPG

What adapter plate is that for the SRO?

Thanks

I got the Romeo1 Pro ordered today. It's going to be another 2-4 weeks, but I can use my DPP on the Legion until it gets here. Like the DPP, I won't have any adapter plate to deal with so the optic will sit lower to the bore. 

On 8/18/2019 at 6:23 PM, Stician said:

IMG_3463.JPG
IMG_3464.JPG
IMG_3466.JPG
IMG_3469.JPG

which grip tape is that?

Hello: I don't know what all the fuss is about an adapter plate? It is only going to raise up the dot about 1/8" or so. If you are worried about that I suggest you go out and shoot it till you get used to the dot height. Just sight in your pistol and know where it hits at different distances. Thanks, Eric

1 minute ago, Aircooled6racer said:

an adapter plate?

Well as someone with a long CZ background and using the CZC adapter plate system I'd just now prefer not to. There is a certain allure to having one less piece/part in a CO set up. Two less screws and one less angle. For me it's not about the height over bore at all but more about minimalism. It just feels "nicer" to me to have a gun that's optic ready to not have an adapter plate.

13 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

which grip tape is that?

I believe that’s a Talon grip tape for the X5. I had the same one on my old X5 grip that I sold when I replaced it with the tungsten grip module.

Here’s my old X5 grip with the talon grip tape.

3-E6-B9013-0-DC8-4-C96-BC46-0335-C240-B9

Well as someone with a long CZ background and using the CZC adapter plate system I'd just now prefer not to. There is a certain allure to having one less piece/part in a CO set up. Two less screws and one less angle. For me it's not about the height over bore at all but more about minimalism. It just feels "nicer" to me to have a gun that's optic ready to not have an adapter plate.

Plus the plates are crude blocks. No radius or chamfered.

The grip tape is Talon. Surprisingly not coming off and weather has been hot and humid.