Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rachet Gun Belts

3 hours ago, Out of Ammo said:

Has anyone had a problem with the inner belt bunching when using a ratcheting belt?

I use a Dominate Defense belt so no bunching.  No idea about any of the other belt makers with a ratchet.  Been happy with the DD belt for the past couple seasons.

• 1 month later...
On 12/15/2021 at 8:27 PM, aandabooks said:

I use a Dominate Defense belt so no bunching.  No idea about any of the other belt makers with a ratchet.  Been happy with the DD belt for the past couple seasons.

+1 for the dominate defense belt. They are excellent.  

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Im looking to build out a 3gun belt and was pretty set on a safariland outer with added ratchet and their ELS system so I can use it in both 2 gun / 3 gun matches as I need.

Is a belt like what dominate defense so much better that it would be worth sacrificing the ease of mounting the ELS on the safariland belt?

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/20/2023 at 9:04 PM, mandiesel said:

Im looking to build out a 3gun belt and was pretty set on a safariland outer with added ratchet and their ELS system so I can use it in both 2 gun / 3 gun matches as I need.

This is what I run right now.  Looking pretty hard at that new DAA belt that was just announced.  
https://www.doublealpha.biz/us/daa-ratchet-belt
They also sell the inner belt separately which is supposed to help with the binding and could be used with other systems. 

https://www.doublealpha.biz/us/daa-ratchet-inner-belt

What I'm wondering is, with a system like that, is there a way to achieve modularity either utilizing the ELS system or something else?  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've had my Weber Tactical ratcheted Gamer gun belt for a couple of months now and have been pretty happy with it.

I bought a 2nd belt for a revolver rig and I think both arrived within a week of ordering.

I use it on my Safariland Els/Qls system.

Not only that 5 of my friends now use them also.

Cut off a few inches, I however use Sarafiland bolts and nuts with locktite.

It great for all action shooting sports; idpa, uspsa, revo and 3 gun (nice have pistol and ar mags on the same belt.)

NOTE: i have quality issue with some of the cheaper plastic versions.  Upgrade. Amazon snowboard site is great.

BSPS sells the ratchet kit now.

https://benstoegerproshop.com/competition-belt-ratchet-kit/

I've attached them to my standard DAA belt. It's hard to explain but here's my method to prevent bunching on my inner velcro belt - when I put the outer belt on, I start ratcheting it down and when inner velcro might start bunching up I separate it it with my fingers until its tight enough, then l let the velcro attach. It might be more helpful to have a card or something separating the velcro so it can slide (instead of bunch) while you tighten the outside belt. But using just my fingers works for me.