Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!
rooster

Check weights

I am in need of a 5 grain check weight.  Don’t want to buy a whole set. I only load for 9mm, so I think a 5 grain weight would do. I am willing to pay a reasonable price for the trouble.

That's random and arbitrary. My scale came with a 100 gram weight. If 100 is 100, why wouldn't 5 be 5? Unless you're saying you dont have any check weight at all? If so, use a dollar bill which should weigh one gram

Yes, I don’t have any weights, and I want to calibrate my scale. I have a beam scale and they don’t come with check weights. A digital scale usually comes with one. Using a dollar bill is not precise. So if anyone has a 5 grain check weight they wish to sell let me know. I know that you can use various coins paper clips etc., but I would rather have a weight made for the purpose.

Note the link in my post above is 5 GRAMS, not grains...  

5 grams = 77.1618 grains

Just went 5grain does not even come up on the search. You can get about any size individual weights in grams, not grains.

I might just buy the whole set. They range in price from about thirty to fifty bucks. I just want one 5 grain weight.

Lyman and RCBS both sell check weight sets.  Midway has them...  

Check with your local electricians and ask about any new housing going up.  Check and see if they're putting in ceiling fans. New ceiling fans come with a small bag of counter balance weights. They're really small, 2 or 3 to a package. Hope that helps.