Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Front Sight

Sestock

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never get mine until at least a couple weeks, or longer after everyone else. I wonder who likes reading mine down at the post office? Always been like this. I figure I will be reading my September issue when everyone else gets their October issue ;-)

I wonder who likes reading mine down at the post office?

You never know.

At one point, I noticed a pattern to some of my mail problems. Most things arrived in pristine condition, but... shooting magazines (eg, Front Sight) showed up in tatters, and certain catalogs (eg, Blackhawk, Sinclair, Dillon) did not show up at all. Basically, anything that was obviously "gun related" was either damaged or missing.

I complained to the post office, they put a different carrier on our route, and.... problem solved. No idea if the other guy was disciplined or not. But... it goes to show that it might just be someone at the post office, "imposing" their views on your mail, sometimes.

B

Got mine in the UK 10 days ago, we in the UK usually receive it before the US for some reason but this month was very late - hope you get yours soon !!

What :o ....10 days ago :angry:

You guys are across the other big pond and got yours already?! Hmmm :wacko: thought it was sent via the US postal service

Hopefully worth the wait <_<

:(

I received this from the post office at the first of the month. I own a business that does bulk mail and printing.

"Suspension of Standard Mail and Periodicals Mail acceptance to storm-stricken areas

Effective immediately (September 1, 2005), the Postal Service is not accepting any Standard Mail or Periodicals Mail — from any source — addressed for delivery within the following three-digit ZIP Code ranges: 369, 393, 394, 395, 396, 700, 701 and 704.

This emergency action has been taken as a result of severe facility damage, evacuations and other issues resulting from Hurricane Katrina."

If any standard or periodical are or were in those zip they just get put in the post office's big recyling bin. The First class is forwarded and is trying to be delivered wherever thay can find the people.

I don't know what zip your in but you may not get it.

Scott

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Good article Bill! Enjoyed it very much. :) Although I wasn't there, thanx to Flex and Steve for a great match!

In the September/October issue Larry Houck featured Nelson Jr. and Francisco in the spotligh on juniors. Makes a dad VERY proud! This time he reprinted my "Bunkhouse Dad Diary" from Camp Shootout '05. If I would've known would've had it edited by you or someone else who could write. :)

Congrats also to Sam Carmoney!

Edited by Nemo