Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vic Pickett

jhgtyre

Vic Pickett, a long time competitor in ICORE and USPSA, passed away Monday, April 29th.  Vic had been suffering from a disease known as Transverse Myelitis.  Many of you may have known Vic from his work as Rangemaster for the Area 2 Desert Classic and Superstition Mountain Mystery 3-Gun both of which he worked for many years.  He will be missed.

Vic Pickett, a long time competitor in ICORE and USPSA, passed away Monday, April 29th.  Vic had been suffering from a disease known as Transverse Myelitis.  Many of you may have known Vic from his work as Rangemaster for the Area 2 Desert Classic and Superstition Mountain Mystery 3-Gun both of which he worked for many years.  He will be missed.
May he rest peacefully in all the splendors of God's kingdom

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Sad news, the revolver world has lost a great one.  Vic was always friendly and a great person to talk with. I live way South below Tucson and would come up to shoot a Rio a few times a year but every time Vic would remember me and chat like we saw each other all the time. Rest in peace.

Some of my favorite shooting memories involve Vic at the various IRCs, when he and the Hogue family would play practical jokes on each other.  Always friendly, yet a serious competitior who was probably the second fastest revolver shooter in the world, right behind Jerry Miculek.  The range hasn't been the same without him.

20 hours ago, dillon said:

Some of my favorite shooting memories involve Vic at the various IRCs, when he and the Hogue family would play practical jokes on each other.  Always friendly, yet a serious competitior who was probably the second fastest revolver shooter in the world, right behind Jerry Miculek.  The range hasn't been the same without him.

^^^I also remember those Black Magic Springs. My condolences to the family.

I was sorry to hear that Vic Pickett has passed.  I shot with Vic many years ago at my first IRC.  I was in the "K" Squad.  Vic gave everyone a Kazoo.  I still have mine.  Vic was at the top of his game when Jerry was still shooting the IRC's, so Vic was the perennial second place finisher.  I'm sure it bugged him, because Vic was a great competitor.  Vic was at home on the range and had his fun.  For Sunday shoot offs after the match, you would see him with his rubber chicken, and his flare for tossing the last moon clip high in the sky.  Vic had an ongoing practical joke battle with the Hogues that was legendary. At the awards ceremony, it was always Vic who cried, "Ozzy Ozzy Ozzy".  I was never sure what this was about, but re all responded Oye, Oye, Oye.  So long Vic.  You'll be missed.  Richard

4 hours ago, Richard Koester said:

Vic who cried, "Ozzy Ozzy Ozzy".  I was never sure what this was about, but re all responded Oye, Oye, Oye.  So long Vic.  You'll be missed.  Richard

From my 7 years I lived in Australia.

That was a kinda lite hearted war cry. Usually after some "stubbies" had been consumed!

RIP Vic

I've known Vic for years....He called me his 1st. sponsor. Many years ago, I gave him $20 for gas when he went to one of his early "big" match's. Mike Gregus