Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P320 X5 trigger options?

rtr

I am looking for the best competition (USPSA, Steel Challenge, 3Gun) trigger for my X5. Looking for the following info on any and all trigger options. 

1. Pull weight

2. Trigger travel

3. If trigger has less overtravel than stock

Hello: I would say the Gray Guns competition trigger. Stock mine was 5lbs 8ounces and very shootable at that. I installed the trigger and it is less than 3lbs now. I think it is actually a little lighter now. It has almost no overtravel when you install the stop bushing. I think I am going to take it out since I like a little overtravel. I am using the curved trigger in mine. Thanks, Eric

The BURKE trigger is the best I’ve felt. I have both grey guns installed and BURKE triggers. The BURKE is better in all aspects. The BURKE has half the travel as the stock / Ggi and a better break. I felt someone’s home Ggi that was around 2 lbs. the break was mushy and the travel was the same. As long as the trigger is under 4 lbs or less, I’d rather have shorter travel and a good break. Going off feel, the BURKE is the same weight as my installed GGI trigger. 

https://www.thesigarmorer.com/product/320-cola/#p320-model

• 3 weeks later...
Can someone post the length of total travel and the length of just the reset for the Gray guns trigger?

There is a great yt video from Robert Burke that breaks down all measurement differences.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the video that helped. My main objection to my X5 trigger is the length of pull and the length of reset. The Burke is much better in these categories but too expensive. It appears the Apex improves the travel quite significantly. Are there aftermarket trigger return and sear springs available anywhere to help lighten the trigger pull?

2 minutes ago, rtr said:

Thanks for the video that helped. My main objection to my X5 trigger is the length of pull and the length of reset. The Burke is much better in these categories but too expensive. It appears the Apex improves the travel quite significantly. Are there aftermarket trigger return and sear springs available anywhere to help lighten the trigger pull?

My X5 pull is down to 4lbs 6oz with this kit and nothing else. No over-travel and quick reset.

https://grayguns.com/product/grayguns-p320-competition-trigger-kit/

5 minutes ago, streckjc said:

My X5 pull is down to 4lbs 6oz with this kit and nothing else. No over-travel and quick reset.

https://grayguns.com/product/grayguns-p320-competition-trigger-kit/

The length of pull on that kit is 0.328”, barely less than stock. Apex LOP is 0.210”. My pull is 3.5lb with polishing, wanting to make it lighter with aftermarket springs but not aware of anyone that sells just springs. 

1 minute ago, rtr said:

The length of pull on that kit is 0.328”, barely less than stock. Apex LOP is 0.210”. My pull is 3.5lb with polishing, wanting to make it lighter with aftermarket springs but not aware of anyone that sells just springs. 

Try reaching out to GrayGuns to see if they'll sell their springs separately. Worse that can happen is they say no.

19 minutes ago, streckjc said:

Try reaching out to GrayGuns to see if they'll sell their springs separately. Worse that can happen is they say no.

That have already said no. 

My X five trigger  was 4.5 lb stock, about 3.5lb with polishing and just under 2lb by adding the Gray Guns kit. Pre travel, over travel and reset feel reduced with the Gray guns kit. 

18 hours ago, rtr said:

My X five trigger  was 4.5 lb stock, about 3.5lb with polishing and just under 2lb by adding the Gray Guns kit. Pre travel, over travel and reset feel reduced with the Gray guns kit. 

Mine is just under 3 lbs (2.75-ish) with some minor polish and GG kit. Where did you polish if you do not mind me asking?

2 hours ago, jaep1911 said:

Mine is just under 3 lbs (2.75-ish) with some minor polish and GG kit. Where did you polish if you do not mind me asking?

Where striker engages sear, on the original sear where it engages striker (irrelevant with GG kit), top of thing that pushes firing pin block up, surface on trigger bar that engages sear, rear area of trigger bar that rubs against FCU (front area around hole that trigger fits into I should do but haven't).

Shot the GG kit today and like it better than original trigger, I think the shorter reset (and total travel) really help, still would like the reset to be shorter.

My reset didn't seem to change much, would love to see how to reduce it.

I tried the kit with 2 top ends. One was really good and the other not so much due to the striker safety. I'm sure there is some fine tuning of the striker safety that could be done to help to even them up. 

Gray Guns Comp trigger and 10k rounds later, I'm at 1 lb and 7oz at the bottom of the trigger and roughly 2 flat at the middle. I don't ride the reset so I don't have much of an opinion on the reset. Doubles drill at 5 yds, 0.13 splits fairly easy on it.

• 2 weeks later...
No one seems to run the Apex parts. Is the GG kit that much better?

I had the apex trigger in a 40. Didn’t agree with my finger so I sold it and got the factory flat for that gun and GG for X5. GG is hands down better in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 4/28/2019 at 8:16 PM, Manwithnoname said:

The BURKE trigger is the best I’ve felt. I have both grey guns installed and BURKE triggers. The BURKE is better in all aspects. The BURKE has half the travel as the stock / Ggi and a better break. I felt someone’s home Ggi that was around 2 lbs. the break was mushy and the travel was the same. As long as the trigger is under 4 lbs or less, I’d rather have shorter travel and a good break. Going off feel, the BURKE is the same weight as my installed GGI trigger. 

https://www.thesigarmorer.com/product/320-cola/#p320-model

My Burke trigger is almost exactly 3 lbs. The trigger travel actually breaks before it hits vertical. It really is the proverbial breaking glass trigger.