Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P10F OR upgrades for competition

Superpipe9

1) I have a US made P10F OR, and it's slide to frame lock up is rather loose (0.04" play L/R with vertical play as well) and rattles like an old 1911 when shaken.  I've put about 300 rnds through it and can't get it to hold a tight group. For example, using the same ammo, I can shoot inside its group by half with my P-09, P-10C, and Shadow 2. 

2) Also, I installed a HB industries Theta Trigger and striker spring and 15lb recoil spring.  Every 2-3 rnds the trigger doesn't reset, although the slide has fully cycled and loaded the next round. I could cause this malfunction during dry-fire by functioning the trigger, pulling up on the slide, and cycling it while pulling up.  

I've taken the pistol back to stock but I can't replicate the malfunction.  I like how this pistol feels and my P10C functions flawlessly with the same mods above.  It's very frustrating and eroding my confidence with this specific pistol.

Edit: PS: I should also add that I originally installed the aluminum CGW trigger before the HBI Theta, it did the same malfunction. 

Thoughts?

Edited by ElvisUSMC

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, ElvisUSMC said:

1) I have a US made P10F OR, and it's slide to frame lock up is rather loose (0.04" play L/R with vertical play as well) and rattles like an old 1911 when shaken.  I've put about 300 rnds through it and can't get it to hold a tight group. For example, using the same ammo, I can shoot inside its group by half with my P-09, P-10C, and Shadow 2. 

2) Also, I installed a HB industries Theta Trigger and striker spring and 15lb recoil spring.  Every 2-3 rnds the trigger doesn't reset, although the slide has fully cycled and loaded the next round. I could cause this malfunction during dry-fire by functioning the trigger, pulling up on the slide, and cycling it while pulling up.  

I've taken the pistol back to stock but I can't replicate the malfunction.  I like how this pistol feels and my P10C functions flawlessly with the same mods above.  It's very frustrating and eroding my confidence with this specific pistol.

Thoughts?

I could only think something wasn't quite installed right with the trigger...but hard to say without looking at it..

Hope someone here with more knowledge can help.

1 hour ago, ElvisUSMC said:

Edit: PS: I should also add that I originally installed the aluminum CGW trigger before the HBI Theta, it did the same malfunction. 

Thoughts?

Same thing happened to me. Put an HBI trigger in my P-10C and it works great.  Put one in my P-10F and it won't reset.  Put the OEM trigger back in and works like it should.

48 minutes ago, fastlane604 said:

Same thing happened to me. Put an HBI trigger in my P-10C and it works great.  Put one in my P-10F and it won't reset.  Put the OEM trigger back in and works like it should.

did you get the correct HBI kit? The older variations won’t work with the new OR models. HBI has a picture/warning about it in the description..or at least at one point. 

2 hours ago, mrvip27 said:

did you get the correct HBI kit? The older variations won’t work with the new OR models. HBI has a picture/warning about it in the description..or at least at one point. 

Thanks, I will check.

20 hours ago, mrvip27 said:

I bought the trigger direct from them in Jan 20.  I looked at their website and didn't see anything about a P-10F OR disclaimer.  I'll probably send it in to CZ once they open post plague shutdown.

2 hours ago, ElvisUSMC said:

I bought the trigger direct from them in Jan 20.  I looked at their website and didn't see anything about a P-10F OR disclaimer.  I'll probably send it in to CZ once they open post plague shutdown.

Then you should be good to go...maybe something else going on

Trying to decide between a p-10f and an m&p9 5” 2.0. I’ve got a 4.25” 1.0 with an apex kit, 6 mags, and a holster so I’d have some crossover. Going to be for carry optics with an SRO on it. Different things I like about each and can’t decide. Anyone else go through this and have opinions?

Edited by Benevolence

Anyone else seeing problems with bulged brass from their P-10F? These loads were 145pf- too hot? The chamber on mine is pretty generous, and even this bulged case drops back in. After resizing, it causes this crease/fold on the brass and I toss any like it to be on the safe side. It's a pain when 50% of the cases fired from the CZ have this. 

9fKKscU.jpg

TGrlXRK.jpg

Edited by Xanatos903

On 7/16/2019 at 12:21 AM, BlakeB said:

I ran 147 flat nose in mine no issues also tried 124 and 160 grain round nose hasn't had an issue yet my 147 load makes 139Pf 160 grain load was about 132pf. 124 grain was American Eagle factory

Hey Blake what was your OAL on the 160s? I’m thinking of trying some of those. What brand were they?

On 3/26/2020 at 4:58 AM, Xanatos903 said:

Anyone else seeing problems with bulged brass from their P-10F? These loads were 145pf- too hot? The chamber on mine is pretty generous, and even this bulged case drops back in. After resizing, it causes this crease/fold on the brass and I toss any like it to be on the safe side. It's a pain when 50% of the cases fired from the CZ have this. 

Is that bulging or is it necking underneath due to excessive headspace? Does it drop into other 9mm chambers?

does anyone know of any indications for CZ to make a long(er) slide P-10? If the C and F were the G19/17, then a G34 equivalent?

Edited by Benevolence

5 hours ago, Benevolence said:

Is that bulging or is it necking underneath due to excessive headspace? Does it drop into other 9mm chambers?

does anyone know of any indications for CZ to make a long(er) slide P-10? If the C and F were the G19/17, then a G34 equivalent?

You'll have to explain the necking- I'm not familiar with the term. 

The cases drop into my CZ chamber, but do not with any other pistols. 

18 hours ago, Xanatos903 said:

You'll have to explain the necking- I'm not familiar with the term. 

The cases drop into my CZ chamber, but do not with any other pistols

I was just thinking that if the chamber in the barrel was long and the extractor had some slop in it for the case to be seated off the breechface of the slide, it would stretch back (after expanding to grip the chamber) and that would locally "neck" or reduce the outer diameter of the case. But from the sounds of it not seating in other 9mm chambers it's expanding/bulging instead.

6 hours ago, Benevolence said:

I was just thinking that if the chamber in the barrel was long and the extractor had some slop in it for the case to be seated off the breechface of the slide, it would stretch back (after expanding to grip the chamber) and that would locally "neck" or reduce the outer diameter of the case. But from the sounds of it not seating in other 9mm chambers it's expanding/bulging instead.

That's what I was afraid of. Maybe once CZ-USA is open again I'll call them and see if I can get a warranty claim on the barrel. I can't imagine it's supposed to allow the brass to expand that much.

• 2 weeks later...
I think you have to install the pins in the right order. I dont remember how I fixed its was so long ago but I had a similar problem with mine and took it apart and put it back together and worked fine ever since. Something wasnt lined up right, sorry cant help more.8b1420b53ff4525585dbcce9c02b5b59.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up a new P10F OR today and getting it setup.  Need to order a HBI trigger but they seem to be out of stock on colors I would want.  I had one in the first P10F I had but sold that gun.  

I bought an optic plate for a RTS2 from CZCustom when I had my dealer order the gun.  I decided to put a Sig Romeo3XL on the gun since I had one I picked up for a second open gun but decided to stick to the RTS2 so it matches my first open gun.  Went to put the Sig on and it does not fit.  I went ahead and slapped on the RTS2.

Anybody else find this issue?  I searched here in this topic but didn't find anything on the Sig Romeo3 optics in a search.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, swiens said:

Just got one of these, its great except the sights. What are you the non optic people running for sights?

Put in a .090 - .010 wide fiber optic front and leave the rear alone. 

I'm surprised you don't like the OEM front sight.  It's actually quite decent compared to what comes standard on most other pistols.

Edited by SGT_Schultz

On 5/17/2020 at 4:37 PM, SGT_Schultz said:

Put in a .090 - .010 wide fiber optic front and leave the rear alone. 

I'm surprised you don't like the OEM front sight.  It's actually quite decent compared to what comes standard on most other pistols.

Thanks, I got the 3 dot sights, never been a fan of those. 

Quick question: I’m looking to put some 140mm magazine basepads on but I’m wanting to make sure the ones I get will prevent over-insertion and breaking the ejector. It looks like the factory ones do, and probably CZC’s. Do Hennings do this as well?

1 hour ago, Benevolence said:

Quick question: I’m looking to put some 140mm magazine basepads on but I’m wanting to make sure the ones I get will prevent over-insertion and breaking the ejector. It looks like the factory ones do, and probably CZC’s. Do Hennings do this as well?

If you are that worried about breaking the ejector by over inserting the magazine, then simply grind down the back portion of the magazine tube where it would touch/hit the ejector.

551622254_MagCut.thumb.jpg.ee88b8b725fac20201761fa388b91696.jpg

Edited by CHA-LEE