Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

P10F OR upgrades for competition

Superpipe9

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Bill Schwab said:

Has anyone tried the CGW Reduced Trigger Pull Striker & Spring?

CGW Strker & Spring

I have one in my P-10F carry optic gun and it works great.  Reduces the trigger pull buy about 1/2#.   But..... when I put it in my other P-10F, I would get light strikes.  I guess it has to do with factory tolerances.  I heard that they are re-designing it, which is why they are out of stock apparently

29 minutes ago, mrvip27 said:

Anyone having issue with 147gr round nose as well hitting the barrel at the feed ramp?

Does this gun only like 115/124gr?

Make sure that the feed ramp on the barrel has been cut low enough. I have two P10F's and both barrels had way different feed ramp cut depths. The picture below shows both versions I got. The barrel on the left has a shallow feed ramp cut and it would nose dive jam on any rounds that had a flat nose type of profile. Especially if I was using a high cap mag with a 140mm base pad on it with a 11 coil spring and TTI Thin SV follower. The barrel on the right has had reliable feeding with all of the different ammo and magazines I have used in it. I used my trusty Dremel to widen and lower the feed ramp on the Left barrel and now it feeds just as well as the right one. I am not sure why these feed ramps are so different between these two guns but they came out of two different vintage of P10F's. The barrel on the left came out of an early version of P10F that didn't have the removable sight plate to make it red dot compatible. The barrel on the right came out of a later version P10F that has the removal sight plate.

2038156285_P10FBarrelFeedRamps.thumb.jpg.f4620e2696993340f161580a55878403.jpg

1 hour ago, CHA-LEE said:

Make sure that the feed ramp on the barrel has been cut low enough. I have two P10F's and both barrels had way different feed ramp cut depths. The picture below shows both versions I got. The barrel on the left has a shallow feed ramp cut and it would nose dive jam on any rounds that had a flat nose type of profile. Especially if I was using a high cap mag with a 140mm base pad on it with a 11 coil spring and TTI Thin SV follower. The barrel on the right has had reliable feeding with all of the different ammo and magazines I have used in it. I used my trusty Dremel to widen and lower the feed ramp on the Left barrel and now it feeds just as well as the right one. I am not sure why these feed ramps are so different between these two guns but they came out of two different vintage of P10F's. The barrel on the left came out of an early version of P10F that didn't have the removable sight plate to make it red dot compatible. The barrel on the right came out of a later version P10F that has the removal sight plate.

2038156285_P10FBarrelFeedRamps.thumb.jpg.f4620e2696993340f161580a55878403.jpg

That is very interesting to note. I will have to take a look and compare my barrels when I get back home.

I have two p10Fs and a primary machine and killer innovations barrel as well to compare.

Factory, primary machine, killer innovations (unfired), factory.

I still get occasional hang ups on the primary machine barrel with round nose getting stuck. Not sure if it’s my ammo I’m using (bad bullet) or the feedramp. 

Going to run the stock barrel for a bit to see what happens.

FCF83E89-8181-4C3C-83D2-82535A007B9A.jpeg

On 3/2/2020 at 3:12 PM, mrvip27 said:

Anyone having issue with 147gr round nose as well hitting the barrel at the feed ramp?

Mine (a US made optics ready model) shoots 147 gr Rocky Mountain RNFP really well seated to 1.05 OAL.  100% feeding reliability

Edited by SGT_Schultz

I would only experience feeding issues with Federal syntech flat nose rounds at first, but round nose fed fine. Since I've changed the recoil spring down to 13lbs and filed down the stock followers as per Henning for their base pads, the Federal ammo has been feeding reliably. I think aftermarket barrels of any kind now are legal for production/CO now after the rule change. It used to be the barrel had to be within +/- 0.1 of the factory barrel length from what I remember. 

9 hours ago, SGT_Schultz said:

Mine (a US made optics ready model) shoots 147 gr Rocky Mountain RNFP really well seated to 1.05 OAL.  100% feeding reliability

Im using Impact Ammo 147gr that is 1.135 using the primary machine barrel. I need to run it in the stock barrel still. I just like squeezing out the most accuracy I can get. 

4 hours ago, j2_a2 said:

I would only experience feeding issues with Federal syntech flat nose rounds at first, but round nose fed fine. Since I've changed the recoil spring down to 13lbs and filed down the stock followers as per Henning for their base pads, the Federal ammo has been feeding reliably. I think aftermarket barrels of any kind now are legal for production/CO now after the rule change. It used to be the barrel had to be within +/- 0.1 of the factory barrel length from what I remember. 

I talked to henning. I can still get 22 in the magazines without having to trim the follower. It just makes it easier to load the last round in if you trim it down. Doesn't affect feeding (so they say..) I should probably trim them down a bit anyway.

Per Troy McManus, if you don't have to cut the slide down to make the barrel fit, its legal.

Edited by mrvip27

6 hours ago, mrvip27 said:

Per Troy McManus, if you don't have to cut the slide down to make the barrel fit, its legal.

Per the current official rulebook, and unless there's a published official rules clarification modifying Appendix D7 21.3, he's wrong.

Edited by SGT_Schultz

5 minutes ago, SGT_Schultz said:

Per the current official rulebook, and unless there's a published official rules clarification modifying Appendix D7 21.3, he's wrong.

Well he is the Director of the NROI. So idk. Just what he told me. 🤷‍♂️

Anyone know what the Canadian/US 10 round mags look like for p10f's? 

The ones we are getting in Australia are limited to 10.

They have a dimple in the sides but also the lower 3rd of the mag is cut off, a plate is put in then the 2 pieces of mag tube are riveted back together. 

The end result is a mag with a spring and follower above the plate (non removable) and a small spring below the plate with the sole purpose of holding the base plate retainer. 

I'm hoping i can get 10 round mags without this plate craziness. 

Edited by dansedgli

57 minutes ago, mrvip27 said:

Well he is the Director of the NROI.

He is. 

He is also not an omnipotent dictator.  We have a rule making and rule publishing process for a reason.

Someone with an excessively long barrel would get a bump to Open from me.  If the shooter disagrees, he can pay to arbitrate.

Edited by SGT_Schultz

22 minutes ago, SGT_Schultz said:

He is. 

He is also not an omnipotent dictator.  We have a rule making and rule publishing process for a reason.

Someone with an excessively long barrel would get a bump to Open from me.  If the shooter disagrees, he can pay to arbitrate.

Understood. Just relaying information. 

I emailed USPSA about that rule with my primary machine barrel since its around 4.35 or so and doesn't meet the rule.

That was his reply.

Also to note, the new 2020 rules updates were posted yesterday.

Item21.3 changed: “Barrels: You may replace the barrel with an OFM or aftermarket barrel of the same length, contour, and caliber as the original barrel for that model of gun.” To: “Barrels: You may replace the barrel with an OFM or aftermarket barrel.”

Item21.3-Deleted: “Special Notes/Clarifications:A barrel within +/-0.1”of OFM is the same length.  Barrels of the same length and caliber but with different crown profiles are authorized.

Edited by mrvip27

1 hour ago, mrvip27 said:

Understood. Just relaying information. 

I emailed USPSA about that rule with my primary machine barrel since its around 4.35 or so and doesn't meet the rule.

That was his reply.

Also to note, the new 2020 rules updates were posted yesterday.

Item21.3 changed: “Barrels: You may replace the barrel with an OFM or aftermarket barrel of the same length, contour, and caliber as the original barrel for that model of gun.” To: “Barrels: You may replace the barrel with an OFM or aftermarket barrel.”

Item21.3-Deleted: “Special Notes/Clarifications:A barrel within +/-0.1”of OFM is the same length.  Barrels of the same length and caliber but with different crown profiles are authorized.

I haven't seen the 2020 updates yet.  If your quote is correct, and I don't have any reason to believe otherwise, then a barrel is legal regardless of length.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2020 at 3:12 PM, mrvip27 said:

My p10f has been shooting 147gr fenix ammo since it was new, zero issues so far.

9 hours ago, Matt0922 said:

My p10f has been shooting 147gr fenix ammo since it was new, zero issues so far.

I went back to the factory barrel. 

I kept getting malfunctions/feeding issues with the primary machine. 

It cost me valuable time in matches. Every match I have at least 1-3 feeding issues.

Last match put the factory one back in...no problems.

3 hours ago, mrvip27 said:

It cost me valuable time in matches. Every match I have at least 1-3 feeding issues.

Yeah that's not acceptable.  Are you going to contact primary machine?

14 hours ago, mrvip27 said:

Did you try any different profiles to see if that would help? Some barrels are picky unfortunately. I’ve used blue bullets 125tc, 135tc and 147fp and they all feed and run great in the P10f and shadow. If you want to give them a try and use code (Moser) it will give you a discount. Hope you get the barrel thing straightened out or PA makes it right for you. 

16 hours ago, Superpipe9 said:

Did you try any different profiles to see if that would help? Some barrels are picky unfortunately. I’ve used blue bullets 125tc, 135tc and 147fp and they all feed and run great in the P10f and shadow. If you want to give them a try and use code (Moser) it will give you a discount. Hope you get the barrel thing straightened out or PA makes it right for you. 

They told me they haven’t had any issues with any 147grain. 

I am using impact ammo.

I mean I can try a bunch of different ammo but I really can’t afford to do that. 

the feed ramps are def shallower on the primary machine