Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Powder measure quick mount

7 hours ago, Foxj66 said:

I use the entirely crimson one. It works well and is made of aluminum. 

https://entirelycrimson.com/collections/dillon-super-1050/products/quick-disconnect-for-dillon-powder-alarm-1

That is pretty slick! It says it does not lock in place and can move around to self center. Is this a problem with a bullet feeder?

2 hours ago, Sarge said:

That is pretty slick! It says it does not lock in place and can move around to self center. Is this a problem with a bullet feeder?

I have not had any issues and am prob 15k rnds in with the crimson one.  Def worth it. 

Edited by echotango

9 minutes ago, echotango said:

I have not had any issues and am prob 15k rnds in with the crimson one.  Def worth it. 

👍 Just ordered one

Edited by Sarge

On 3/29/2019 at 6:44 AM, Sarge said:

I haven't had any issues on my automated 1050 with it but probably only have 10-15k loaded since I added one to it. I got one for my 550 first and never had a problem.

Why even remove the  powder measure at all to remove powder?

I have dedicated tool heads for each of my loads, so no need to swap the powder measure from one tool head to another.  When I want to dump my powder, I pull the two pins holding the tool head to the press and dump the powder from the hopper with the tool head still attached.

1 hour ago, B_RAD said:

Why?

Isn't the factory part supposed to be finger tight?  It takes like 5 sec to unscrew and take off. Finger tight allowed for slight play/rotation.

Not sure about finger tight but regardless the screws still need turned and the collar separated. My collar tends to stick together.

47 minutes ago, muncie21 said:

Why even remove the  powder measure at all to remove powder?

I have dedicated tool heads for each of my loads, so no need to swap the powder measure from one tool head to another.  When I want to dump my powder, I pull the two pins holding the tool head to the press and dump the powder from the hopper with the tool head still attached.

For me I don’t have multiple tool heads set up. I don’t like dumping powder that way because of light kit connections and bullet feeder connections.

I load a couple different 9mm loads on my 1050 and Revolution, as such I'm taking the measure on and off regularly to adjust the measure, change powder etc. the quick detach are a huge help. I made my own, but I'm not happy with the lockup and will be ordering some instead. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...