Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need to purchase a holster rig, any shops offer discounts?

wanttolearn

Hi, I feel funny asking but money is tight right now...I was wondering if any of the go to shops like Ben Stoeger or Shooters Connection offer coupon codes or discounts to forum members? Appreciate any help.

I thought the least expensive good holster was the signature Blade Tech and then add the DOH, and some of the Safariland mag pouches

thanks

I suppose it depends on what sport you want to try, and how much your budget is.

For my first USPSA matches, I bought an Amorak Tactical Competition holster ($50), Shooters Connection Belt($50), and two double mag carriers from amazon($45 total).

Mag Carrier: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D6NDKND/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

You could get a cheaper belt, but it would maybe be ~$10 cheaper and might not hold up as well or be as stiff.

1 hour ago, wanttolearn said:

Hi, I feel funny asking but money is tight right now...I was wondering if any of the go to shops like Ben Stoeger or Shooters Connection offer coupon codes or discounts to forum members? Appreciate any help.

I thought the least expensive good holster was the signature Blade Tech and then add the DOH, and some of the Safariland mag pouches

thanks

Shooters Connection offers a discount to forum members. Just shoot them an email telling them you are an Enos member

I currently use ghost mag pouches because I like bullets facing out. They come with two different style mag pouch for $25 each. The CR speed are another good option they’re really sturdy and hold up well. As far as belts I’d go with double alpha it’s about $10 more then the other styles but much more sturdy. 

Check the clasifieds, Someone May be selling a holster or rig that would work for your needs at a savings. 

On 2/28/2019 at 5:40 AM, wanttolearn said:

thanks, i'll keep searching

I believe shooters connection has some kind of deal where you get a $50 dollar coupon when you first join USPSA.

1 hour ago, Foxj66 said:

I believe shooters connection has some kind of deal where you get a $50 dollar coupon when you first join USPSA.

First I have ever heard of that!

40 minutes ago, wgj3 said:

There is some company that offers a bit of a discount if you build a complete rig with them...

DAA does. alphadynamics. 

doublealpha.biz

If you are handy and inclined. Build a taco  press with some 3/4 ply and a few door hinges , buy the foam from amazon and a few sheets of kydex. A  blade tech mount or an els system and make your own holsters and pouches.Holsters are in my opinion easier to fab. Pouches I’m having issue with mostly trying to find a way to fab doublemag pouches that work well and aren’t bulky. There is a lot of videos on YouTube for instructions. I’ve picked up old holsters ( double alpha ones especially, they got a nice aluminum adjustable bar and pivot) for 30-40 buck for the hardware alone, then fab a new kydex holster for my pistols. 

To me, considering I’ve got some skill with a grinder and make knives/ weld Et all. Making as much of my rig as I can made more sense because I want to shoot limited, production, carry optics, PCC, and eventually do 3gun. The cost of my first  holster and pouches  is more than me buying what I need and plenty kydex to wreck learning it. ( my first two holsters had been heated back to flat three times before I got it down well enough to make a separate one for the marbles, mag pouchesI made wooden blocks to mold from, admittedly it didn’t fair well on the mag pouch due to them being bulky and I hadn’t researched much into it to get a good grasp of designs. I’m still actually searching for a great double mag pouchTo emulate....)   

On 2/27/2019 at 4:48 AM, wanttolearn said:

thanks

I can get you a discount at Red Hill Tactical if you are interested.  Just send me a PM.

Ranger Trace, I"m very grateful, thank you. I've sent you a PM

Sawdustnsteel,  It's pretty cool that you make a lot of your own equipment, i must learn to be more self sufficient. I think they're important skills. I'll definitely read more about it however, at least right now at my stage and skill level i want to stay as safe as possible and not bugger up anything. Embarasingly, I don't even have a grinder. Perhaps in the future i'll try my hands at making something less complex like a pouch as you've recommended.

On 3/5/2019 at 2:28 AM, RangerTrace said:

I can get you a discount at Red Hill Tactical if you are interested.  Just send me a PM.

Please hook me up with a RHT coupon.  I've been browsing there site like crazy, but been hesitant to pull the trigger cuz of the price.

• 3 weeks later...

Post a WTB posting in the classifieds here, with you gun model & division. Someone probably has something. I've found great deals on ebay too. And for the truly empty wallet, there are the perfectly serviceable chinese knockoffs from ebay and aliexpress.com. That's how I started uspsa: broke, with a Taurus and a chinese belt & pouches.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk