Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Installed CGW barrel bushing in S2

Varooom

Just finished installing the CGW barrel bushing in my Shadow 2.

Installed their competition trigger kit last weekend.

The stock bushing came out pretty easy with a 11mm socket, extension, and a few light whacks with a hammer.

New one went in just as easy.  Getting the roll pin back in was the most challenging.

I decided on the hard chrome bushing as opposed to the black, really looks nice.

Wow, there is absolutely no play between the barrel and the bushing.

I have to "fiddle" with the barrel and get it just right to get it into the slide.

Hoping for a range trip tomorrow to see how it works.

This weapon was already ridiculously accurate.  I will use a rest at 15 yards and compare what I get now to targets I shot from a rest before the Cajunizing process.

The S2 was already much more accurate than I will ever be but it was a fun project.

I almost enjoy working with quality parts like this as I do shooting. 

I will post range info after shooting it to see if this really made a difference.

Safe shooting,

Varooom

1 hour ago, muncie21 said:

congrats! I installed the CGW bushing on my SP01 and was very impressed with the accuracy and barrel to slide fit. 

Unfortunately the SP01 sits in the safe most days, now that I have purchased a couple of TSOs.

My TSO sits in the safe until I find a way to increase trigger weight... It is to scary now 🙂

16 hours ago, Fasthenk65 said:

My TSO sits in the safe until I find a way to increase trigger weight... It is to scary now 🙂

have you tried using a Tanfo sear spring in place of a cz one?  The factory Tanfo sear spring has an extra coil and it should increase the pull weight some.  I know back in the day before we had PD springs it was common to put a cz sear spring in a Tanfo to help get the pull weight down.

I have not tried this personally but, it should be a rather inexpensive thing to test out.

Edited by billthemarine2862

I have not noticed any difference in groups with the cgw bushing. I also went through 3 Shadow 2's. I shot a 1.5 inch group at 25 yrds without the bushing using FMJ bullets. I don't think I was able to shoot such a group with the accu-shadow I used to have. Perhaps some guns could benefit from the CGW bushing but I did not notice that.

Same report as the reports above.

Some guns benefit from it; some see 0/not significant impact.

Shoot before installing. I do very much like it as an alternative to the "accu" process.

I have shot 2 pretty much new accu-shadows that were not very accurate at 25yds.

Unless future steel CZs shoot smaller than 2.5in at 25yds, rested, with 124gr/factory ammo, I am probably going to continue to utilize the 10x.

Edited by blueorison

On 2/17/2019 at 1:43 PM, billthemarine2862 said:

have you tried using a Tanfo sear spring in place of a cz one?  The factory Tanfo sear spring has an extra coil and it should increase the pull weight some.  I know back in the day before we had PD springs it was common to put a cz sear spring in a Tanfo to help get the pull weight down.

I have not tried this personally but, it should be a rather inexpensive thing to test out.

I got a solution from a well known  CZ expert: ad the TRS of the Shadow 2... I try that first.