Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Want to hire someone to reload

Hiroshi

Is there anybody here from Hawaii, that I can hired to reload a 9mm major power factor for me. In a situation that my landlord of the place I live are not allowing me to reload.  I have gone to local shop here in Honolulu and he won't reload a major power factor....

Edited by Hiroshi

Pick your battles, but unless it’s written in your lease terms, he can tell you he doesn’t allow anything but you’re not obligated/required to oblige.  If he claims an unsafe environment clause but you’re living and storing within state laws, he wouldn’t have just cause in court.

if he’s related to you, and rent is cheap,.....find someone to reload  for you and find someone else to love, marry, or adopt you 😃

his “requirements” don’t trump law and, unless you agreed to those terms in the lease or HOA an exhibit his feelings are irrelevant to how you live in the domicile.

not an attorney, just been both a landlord and renter with disagreements from both sides

If I'm not mistaken, hiring someone to load ammo for you may be against federal law. If you pay someone to load ammo for you, they are then manufacturing ammunition for sale, and without a type 6 FFL, could possibly be against federal law (not to mention the liability concerns if they happen to load a double charge 9r a squib). The best thing to do would be find someone with a press, and ask them to let you borrow it, on their property, and YOU do the loading

34 minutes ago, GrumpyOne said:

If I'm not mistaken, hiring someone to load ammo for you may be against federal law. If you pay someone to load ammo for you, they are then manufacturing ammunition for sale, and without a type 6 FFL, could possibly be against federal law (not to mention the liability concerns if they happen to load a double charge 9r a squib). The best thing to do would be find someone with a press, and ask them to let you borrow it, on their property, and YOU do the loading

Or not advertise on an Internet forum!😂

3 hours ago, GrumpyOne said:

yeh probably way easier to round up your own components,  then ask one of your fellow shooters if you can come over to their house and use their press.
I would never load ammo for someone, but I would help them set up and use my press.
When I was shooting  there awful lot of really good guys in the two clubs there...  Lets see Does Henry still have the gun store just west of the range ?   IIRC he was about only place that had powder

You're not mistaken. 

Plus, they better be charging/ paying FET. 

This is correct. I myself wont reload for anyone. No matter what happens, even if end user error that had nothing to do with ammo, the source of the ammo is at risk for backlash! 

12 minutes ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Isn't any way that I'd allow anyone to use my reloading equipment.     :eatdrink:

Agreed. I did it once trying to help a guy learn to reload. I don't like replacing damaged parts or having my setpoints knocked out of whack...and of course the expense! 

Because sharing means they arent caring LOL

Thanks for all your comments.

7 hours ago, GrumpyOne said:

There's a guy locally here that reloads and sell ammunitions and has proper federal and state permits and licenses , he just can't reload major power due to his insurance restrictions.

8 hours ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Check around your local gun club - my local gun club has a guy with 2 Dillon 1050's and

he does reload for people.     :) 

No one in the gun club wants to reload for me or anybody else, due liability issues.

5 hours ago, Hiroshi said:

Thanks for all your comments.

There's a guy locally here that reloads and sell ammunitions and has proper federal and state permits and licenses , he just can't reload major power due to his insurance restrictions.

He can’t reload .40 S&W? That’s almost always Major unless downloaded.

i think I would rent one of those tiny storage units for a month and load up a years worth of ammo

13 hours ago, Sarge said:

He can’t reload .40 S&W? That’s almost always Major unless downloaded.

i think I would rent one of those tiny storage units for a month and load up a years worth of ammo

When I was there I had a 5X10  climate control unit I kept all my gun stuff in... Was way easier than dealing with the hassle of bringing them on and off base and could get anytime I want. Also needed a place to store stuff when I was underway. Could have easily set up press and bench in there if I waanted.
At the time I was shooting 40,, and could get good deal on American Easgle 165's,,, combined with my reloads I would bring in checked baggage when I came back and forth,, usually do 800 rounds..  split in two bags,  Components at the time were sky high,,, At the time primers at powder valley were 12-13 dollars per k,,, but $40 in Hi.  Just for me, at that time didnt make sense to reload.

• 7 months later...