Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

"show clear" round stuck

Yesterday though was the second time around I tried to show clear but the round on chamber is stuck. The RO agreed that I just let of the round safely at the berm. It did and cycled normally. The first time I've experienced this was late last year. I was able to show clear by racking the charging handle like a boss. I built this pcc in late 2017 and haven't had any jams. What gives with the last round getting stuck 'once in a blue moon'? Thank you.

12 minutes ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

That's the most likely problem - you are very close to your maximum,

and the usual variation in OAL allows the longest rounds to be too long

for your gun, with that particular bullet.     :) 

most likely your issue.

But we've ran in to one who had a sizing problem (not crimp) 

a thin case minimal sizing would not hold bullet  same thing that happens 

in a revolver rounds lengthen and locks it up.

usually they get shorter in a sim auto thow.

11 hours ago, balmo said:

Yesterday though was the second time around I tried to show clear but the round on chamber is stuck. The RO agreed that I just let of the round safely at the berm. It did and cycled normally. The first time I've experienced this was late last year. I was able to show clear by racking the charging handle like a boss. I built this pcc in late 2017 and haven't had any jams. What gives with the last round getting stuck 'once in a blue moon'? Thank you.

Have your barrel reamed to fit the rounds you’re loading, load shorter ammo with that bullet, or load ammo with a more friendly profile.

This happens to me on my PCC I shoot for steel challenge as well. I just use my production minor loads and it sticks because they are loaded too long for the barrel on the PCC. They are 147 blue bullets. I would get the barrel reamed but I'm cheap. I'll just shoot it out when it happens.

4 minutes ago, Chillywig said:

Stuck bullet could be bad. Too hard a pull on the charging handle can pull the bullet out of the case. Now you have a stuck bullet in the barrel and all the powder can fall down into your trigger or mag and gum things up

Or worse, you don’t notice the powder and next stage you rack a round a shoot. 

most barrel companies are running a pretty short chamber. I know that Tactical Kinetics is working on 9mm barrels that have a chamber that is sized off glock mag max length loaded 147 gr loads.  this should run any PCC load without the problem of stuck rounds when clearing the rifle.

4 hours ago, NickG013 said:

This happens to me on my PCC I shoot for steel challenge as well. I just use my production minor loads and it sticks because they are loaded too long for the barrel on the PCC. They are 147 blue bullets. I would get the barrel reamed but I'm cheap. I'll just shoot it out when it happens.

You might want to think about the fact that a bullet jammed into your barrel could cause higher pressure

and be unsafe! 

If it lets go and the RO is close you both could get hurt.

21 minutes ago, dmshozer1 said:

You might want to think about the fact that a bullet jammed into your barrel could cause higher pressure

and be unsafe! 

If it lets go and the RO is close you both could get hurt.

Never thought about that. Maybe I'll get it reamed so I don't have to worry about it.