Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Limcats new Magwell

praetorian97

With the some metal grips, you can have the mag slightly stick when its not inserted correctly. 

I was told at the last match that the limcats new magwell stops this. Anyone have any time on one and can confirm or deny this?
That is correct. I love the limcat magwell. The steel insert makes the mag slide in nice and very smooth. It's like a black hole for mags.lol. I try and insert them in a way that will stuck and cannot get them to stick any longer. Highly recommended.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, Pcew73 said:

do you guys know if the magwell will fit on a sti grip? and also does it come stainless or black? 

I dont have the magwell but I do have the grip and another magwell that fit on my STI polymer grip also fits on Limcat grip so it should work

you might be able to get it in black from Magnus Sports USA

see here:

Edited by Fo0

do you guys know if the magwell will fit on a sti grip? and also does it come stainless or black? 

Yes it fits on STI grip. And it comes in a few colors. I got silver. Comes in lighter and heavier versions also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The brass is the same just heavier, would prob be nice for a plastic grip to add weight. I have the steel one on my PT Grip now. It does work well. I have 2 practice mags that I use just for reload practice. I have been randomly checking the feed lips and no change. I am sure over time it will, but I dry fire 3-4 times a week and have not seen anything since I put the mag well on. That was about 2 months ago. It may require some minor fitting on a PT grip, but its very minor and a small file and about an hour and it will fit great. 

It works, but when you use metal vs metal if the mag is way crooked it can still get hung. For me not near as bad. I have done it slowly on purpose and maybe once or twice during dry fire when I really push the speed of the reload, but for matches and in general it has indeed eliminated out of line reloads for me.  

18 hours ago, Pcew73 said:

Ok thanks guys.  Is the brass top steel magwell the same as what you guys are talking about?  Another question, without spending the money for a steel grip do you guys think adding a heavy magwell is a big benefit to a Sti grip?

Yes, I put the brass heavy one on my open gun and the lighter one on my limited gun, both STI DVC plastic grips. The lighter one (all SS I think) made the limited feel better, it add 3+ oz compared to the Dawson. The brass on my open is GREAT it added 6oz more to the grip and made the gun feel balanced even without a mag in it. In case anyone is wondering the color of the silver LimCat matches the original STI magwell.

My son put the SS LimCat on metal grip and the last time we talked about it, it has eliminated the mags hanging up.