Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Most reliable slide ride optic...

PrimaryBruce

I know the Burris FF3 isn’t a very popular choice in uspsa, but mine has held up very well. It has probably 8k though it. Mounted on the slide if my old g34 open gun. I have since moved to a 2011, so idk how it would have held up further, but it showed zero sighs of slowing down. The 3moa dot can be hard to see on very bright days though. Can’t beat the 199 price for them. 

5 hours ago, Bdh821 said:

I have 4 DPPs. One with probably 35k+ rounds on a CO gun. I haven’t had one issue with all 4. 

Nice, all the positive DP Pro feedback is making me feel better about one.

Out of curiosity, do you hand load? Seems like most of the guys I know over 10-15k rounds on one optic are hand loading super soft 147’s which I would imagine helps quite a bit with optic longevity.

I've had mixed results with Deltapoints. I love the company's customer service. Typically, it takes a few weeks to get one repaired if you go through the easy website return process. Unfortunately, I've had to take advantage of that with all four of the DPPs that I've owned.

I have three now, with the idea that I'll have a spare when one of the others needs to go in for a repair. Earlier this month, I had two down at the same time. I called the company and told them I had a state match coming up shortly - so they expedited both repairs, getting them back to me in time for the match. But now I have to send the third one in for repair - after it started acting up during a practice session today.

Great optic. And great warranty service. Just wish I didn't have to use it so much. 

10 hours ago, PrimaryBruce said:

Nice, all the positive DP Pro feedback is making me feel better about one.

Out of curiosity, do you hand load? Seems like most of the guys I know over 10-15k rounds on one optic are hand loading super soft 147’s which I would imagine helps quite a bit with optic longevity.

I do reload my own ammo.  2 of the guns I have the DPP on are open division guns shooting major pf. They are frame mounted dots tho. Regardless, I’ve seen countless people have issues with the  RTS2 shutting off at major matches whereas I haven’t had 1 issue. I think c-more resolved the issue at this point. 

After my various experiences with DPP’s and C-mores....I’ve come to the brilliant conclusion...if you are lucky enough to get a “ good “ Red Dot magic!!.....if you get a “bad” one tragedy.

From my experiences and reading these various evaluations...everyone’s had problems with all of them along the way.

Buyer beware???

The locals that shoot the RTS2 seem to be very pleased. Most of the people that complain are ones that stopped using them awhile back during the issues and still want to rant about it even though Cmore has made improvements. The DPP has my vote.