Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New akai open 38sc mags

jstagn

Mbx for 9 major. And I’m a big fan of the new sti mags. But the mbx 9/38 just flat out work. Especially the 170s. I have 2  mbx 170s, and 3 gen 2 Stis. The mbx have been 100% reliable. The sti have been about 99% which is stilll pretty good. I’ve had 2 nosedives in 2000rds. None for the first 1500, then two during the same session. Then back to 100% reliability.  For 40 the sti mags work 100%. But going forward for 9 I’m sticking with mbx

• 1 month later...

All mags mentioned above take maintainance, springs wearing out and if you dry fire hard or practice hard they will ALL go out of tune and need to be tuned but I’ve had good luck with MBX staying tuned the longest but it’s all personal preference TBH 

On 1/16/2019 at 9:03 PM, Jfitz427 said:

Mbx for 9 major. And I’m a big fan of the new sti mags. But the mbx 9/38 just flat out work. Especially the 170s. I have 2  mbx 170s, and 3 gen 2 Stis. The mbx have been 100% reliable. The sti have been about 99% which is stilll pretty good. I’ve had 2 nosedives in 2000rds. None for the first 1500, then two during the same session. Then back to 100% reliability.  For 40 the sti mags work 100%. But going forward for 9 I’m sticking with mbx

I have found that the spacer fixed my 9major nose diving in the Gen 2 sti 

1 hour ago, IDAHOAASHOOTER said:

I have found that the spacer fixed my 9major nose diving in the Gen 2 sti 

Hmm, that’s interesting. I found the fix to be making sure the double to single transition approx 1 inch down is between .560-570. They come from the factory around .630 or bigger. Atlas details this in one of their recent videos. I couldn’t believe how well it worked. Prior to doing this you see a big gap between the first and second round in the mag, but once you bring it in they all stack up perfectly on top of one another with no gap. Now I have no more nosedives. 

+1 on the MBX mags. The only problem with them is that the springs wear out prematurely. I change mine every 2 months or else I will start getting nosedives. That being said, all that I have bought have been tuned perfectly right out of the package. I’m getting ready to try tuning some Gen 2 STI mags and see how those work out with grams springs and followers. 

• 2 weeks later...