Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RIA VR80 coming in 2019

Rudukai13

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Save me from scrolling through 29 pages...who got a threaded steel sleeve for the comp? I didn’t get one with the gun and I didn’t get one with the comp. got the gas nut and the lock nut but no thread adapter...

5 minutes ago, WWG1WGA said:

Save me from scrolling through 29 pages...who got a threaded steel sleeve for the comp? I didn’t get one with the gun and I didn’t get one with the comp. got the gas nut and the lock nut but no thread adapter...

what ?

People were saying they got a threaded steel bushing that would go inside the threads of the comp so you weren’t always  tightening into the aluminum. You’d leave the bushing in the comp and unscrew it from the barrel... looks like I’m scrolling back to find the mention of it

People were saying they got a threaded steel bushing that would go inside the threads of the comp so you weren’t always  tightening into the aluminum. You’d leave the bushing in the comp and unscrew it from the barrel... looks like I’m scrolling back to find the mention of it

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

My short comp and mags came in today. I install the comp and ran about 150 rds  thru the gun. No issues other than the comp was loose when I finished. Anyone else had this problem?

My short comp and mags came in today. I install the comp and ran about 150 rds  thru the gun. No issues other than the comp was loose when I finished. Anyone else had this problem?
TAF spec or loctite

don't do loctite if you plan on changing chokes.  anti-seize works wonders though.
Blue is still easy to remove ... Once I switched to Mod w Comp I don't see me swapping really ... But ...47b375eb5e4fb4b3e420007b140423fb.jpg

21 minutes ago, IntenseImage said:

Blue is still easy to remove ... Once I switched to Mod w Comp I don't see me swapping really ... But ...47b375eb5e4fb4b3e420007b140423fb.jpg

Why would anyone use anything other than mod? Literally the best choke there is. Great for short range. Great for long range. 

Why would anyone use anything other than mod? Literally the best choke there is. Great for short range. Great for long range. 
Because you are shooting an all clays stage and want a wide ass pattern to get multiple hits if possible or simply go faster due to less precision needed

my large comps arrived today (2 of them) and neither contained the front set screw.  I guess this is the best QC you can expect from a budget brand.  
I honestly don't see the need for it. Dont think the short even has the hole for it

6 minutes ago, IntenseImage said:

I honestly don't see the need for it. Dont think the short even has the hole for it

I agree.  Although this doesn't give me any confidence about Armscor's life time warranty on the gun :)

This choke removal tool from Dissident Arms is handy for those who installed the comp. 

http://dissidentarms.com/index.php/product/dabriley-choke-wrench-for-vepr-12/

I agree.  Although this doesn't give me any confidence about Armscor's life time warranty on the gun [emoji4]

This choke removal tool from Dissident Arms is handy for those who installed the comp. 
http://dissidentarms.com/index.php/product/dabriley-choke-wrench-for-vepr-12/
I wasn't quite sure that tool would work w ours