Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tested CZ TSO and in love, ammo question

Fasthenk65

Tested the CZ TSO in 9mm and love it! Gun was shot with 140gn bullets (AlsPro) and was fast, accurate and amazingly soft shooting. Like FS didn't,t move at all. Now saving up money, I want one for 9mm and .40.

Is there any ammo (9mm and .40 the TSO likes best for whatever reason?

regards,

Tested the CZ TSO in 9mm and love it! Gun was shot with 140gn bullets (AlsPro) and was fast, accurate and amazingly soft shooting. Like FS didn't,t move at all. Now saving up money, I want one for 9mm and .40.

regards,
preferably your own reloads but if you want to buy factory USPSA major pf ammo Precision delta, Atlanta Arms and Federal Syntech(205gr super soft just smells)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

@Fasthenk65 the TSO typically prefer ammo ammo with shorter Overall Length (OAL).  Not so easy to quantify as the geometry of the projectile comes into play.

In general for 9mm, ammo with OAL of 1.090" works well and for .40 S&W target 1.13" or so. 

Other OALs may work just fine, depending upon the design/geometry of  the bullet. 

Good luck and hope you find a TSO soon!  I find these to be fantastic firearms.

TSO is a fantastic gun for sure. It takes ammo with shorter OAL especially with flat point bullets. You can shoot longer OAL with round nose bullets as I experienced with mine. 

I’m using truncated flat point bullets so u load them at 1.102”-1.104” OAL for use on my TSO and shadow 2.

Since you’re in Europe, you wouldn’t have problems with ammo because round nose bullets are the only available bullet profile for use there.

• 4 months later...

Any thoughts on other .40 factory ammo that works best with the TSO? One poster had a lot of problems with Atlanta, others with CCI. So far I’ve tried CCI with no problem but only 100 or so. In 9 I’ve had great experience with Atlanta but current favorite is Syntech. In .40 I see they now gave a 165. any thoughts vs their 205? Thanks. Right now I’m ordering a few boxes of each of these especially those RB mentioned but feedback would be more than welcome. 

Edited by lfine
Add more

On 11/3/2018 at 6:44 PM, Fasthenk65 said:

regards,

I have a TS in 40 sw. and have just a 9mm barrel with 9mm magazine.  Swap the barrel and mags gun is ready to rock.

onthe other note I’ve feed the gun with everything in 9 and 40 it’ll eat everything from my experience.

For 40 major I prefer a 165 grain bullet over a 189 or 200.  Slide action is faster and the sights return more quickly. 200 feels like all day before the gun goes back to battery.  A long time ago, just after I bought my TS 40, I was told that if I loaded to 1.126" OAL I'd never have any feeding problems.  Correct advice.

The blue bullets work awesome in both the 9mm and 40 in all the cz’s. The 135tc’s are awesome because they allow you to load longer. I have used 180’s and 200’s in 40 and prefer 180’s. If you want to try some you can use code (moser) for a discount. 

I know Rnlinebacker suggested trying Precision Delta .40 for the TSO (thanks for the tip.) Just wanted to check OAL before I dropped some $ on them.  FYI,  they told me, "Our regular length 40 caliber ammunition is loaded to 1.12".    Our 165gr. is 1035 FPS and our 180gr. ammo is 950 FPS."

Seems like, at least based on OAL, it should be good either way, correct? Any other thoughts?

(I'm not ready to go into .40 reloading at this time - this is my first - so I'd like to try some factory for a bit.)

Thanks for the help.

Edited by lfine
Typo

I’ve had great luck with RMR 124gr round nose loaded to 1.130, they work great in my TS. I think it’s about finding the correct profile of bullet that’s available in your area and trying different set ups. I’ve tried at least 6 different bullet weights and profiles before I settled on the RMR’s.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So my tso had no problems until I shot the syntech 150g. During competition the flat nosed round would just slam into the feed ramp and not go into battery. Still haven't found the failure but it's pretty consistent. Mags clean, springs/followers ok. This is the only ammo I have failures with wether flat,round or coated. 

• 3 months later...

Was trying Sig 40 180 with my TSO and ran into the same problem with 2 out of 50. Looking for an alternative because I have to use factory.  Syntech was OK, but probably finally order some of the Precision Delta, unless someone else here has a recommendation. Just hate to drop $75+ experimenting.