Optic Ready Shadow2?

JDIllon

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was told ours for the Canadian market would be manufactured in November.  During the release at IWA (I believe) I had one of our distributors ask that question and CZ stated it would not meet CO weight.

Edited by Chili

No one from CZ UB reads this forum. And the people at CZ USA probably don't have the answer you're looking for.

Knowing what I did to make my Shadow 2 CO legal, no way will a simple optic gun make the gun light enough for the 45oz limit in USPSA CO. Not even with a 17round mag.

Secondly, I bet 4th quarter 2019 before we see a optic ready Shadow 2 in the USA. Finally, with the change of the optics divisions in the new ipsc rules for 2019 this throws all of this up in the air as well I bet.

No one from CZ UB reads this forum. And the people at CZ USA probably don't have the answer you're looking for.

Knowing what I did to make my Shadow 2 CO legal, no way will a simple optic gun make the gun light enough for the 45oz limit in USPSA CO. Not even with a 17round mag.

Secondly, I bet 4th quarter 2019 before we see a optic ready Shadow 2 in the USA. Finally, with the change of the optics divisions in the new ipsc rules for 2019 this throws all of this up in the air as well I bet.

If anything, the rule change strengthens CZ’s position. The have both divisions covered with the OR Shadow 2 & P10 (they could always release an OR P09 for PDO Lite as well).

The new rules don’t allow aftermarket milling so there not competition is other factory guns.

The big problem is that USPSA went with a totally different rule set to the rest of the world. Kind of limits the market for factory guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Matt1 said:

The big problem is that USPSA went with a totally different rule set to the rest of the world. Kind of limits the market for factory guns

yep, that's what i meant by thowing it up in the air. the huge divergence between uspsa and ipsc rule sets.

1 hour ago, Matt1 said:

The new rules don’t allow aftermarket milling so there not competition is other factory guns.

My Understanding was aftermarket milling was allowed, below was a portion of the proposal and I believe it was accepted without change.

17.2 Aftermarket open and optical/electronic sights (see Rules 5.1.3.1 and 5.1.3.2) and mounting plates are permitted, provided their installation and/or adjustment requires no alteration to the handgun other than the milling of the slide in order to facilitate the installation of an optical/electronic sight.

My Understanding was aftermarket milling was allowed, below was a portion of the proposal and I believe it was accepted without change.

17.2 Aftermarket open and optical/electronic sights (see Rules 5.1.3.1 and 5.1.3.2) and mounting plates are permitted, provided their installation and/or adjustment requires no alteration to the handgun other than the milling of the slide in order to facilitate the installation of an optical/electronic sight.

I watched a live stream where it looked like they said “not now”. Everyone is waiting for the minutes to come out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 9/29/2018 at 9:20 AM, dapribek said:

According to CZ’s website, they are going to mill the slide to make weight. Unfortunately, I’m not able to return to that web page.

CZ's website has the Shadow 2 OR at 46.91 oz WITHOUT the optic or the plate, so forget about carry optics. https://www.czub.cz/en/cz-shadow-2-or.html . They are going to have to mill the slide another 5 oz at least,  and that is tough considering that the bulk of its weight increase compared to the shadow is in the frame.

Edited by abb1

On 9/30/2018 at 10:32 PM, rowdyb said:

Roll your own folks.

^ this, CZC did a great job on mine, I still have my stock "Production slide" if I ever feel like going back to Production too.

win/win all around  :)

I contacted CZ USA last week asking about an OR Shadow 2.  They sent me a form email that they know nothing about future guns.

Are people happy with the RDS plates and milling from CZ Custom?  Seems like having a slide milled is the only option unless you want to wait who knows how long.  I would have thought the US is a huge market for CZ and they would want to get new guns here ASAP.

Jeff

CZ is a European company, I understand why the focus on geographically closer markets first. And with newer stuff into a smaller market as well, since if something needs fixing better to recall or adjust in a small market than a larger. And it's less of a strain on your production pipeline as well.

But yes, I am very happy with my CZC RDS plate in both my Shadow 2 and my SP01 (that I no longer have).

When I spoke to CZ USA months ago when this first was announced the guy laughed and said "not in 2018". 

Regardless this SKU is useless to the US market because the gun will not make the 45 Carry optics weight limit. This gun would be useful if they milled off the goddamn heavy front rail and make it look like a TSO or Stock II like I've been wanted forever.

Shadow 3 OR....now that would be a cool gun. Imagine the gun below. Straight dustcover, Optic plate, and glock 34 style cut up top. I'd buy that.

a01_photochop.jpg

I love my Shadow 2's with direct milled in optics and I just milled one for the CZC RDS plate as well, very nice system. My only gripe to CZ is, make some S2 slides available at a reasonable cost, the only slides I have seen are not that far away from buying another gun... 

7 hours ago, JNW said:

I contacted CZ USA last week asking about an OR Shadow 2.  They sent me a form email that they know nothing about future guns.

Are people happy with the RDS plates and milling from CZ Custom?  Seems like having a slide milled is the only option unless you want to wait who knows how long.  I would have thought the US is a huge market for CZ and they would want to get new guns here ASAP.

Jeff

JNW, anyone that has paid attention to these things knows that CZUB places the USA region at the very bottom of their priority list.  Literally every other market gets the new guns before the USA.