Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Finally a better comp! Pics!

Apolo

This thing is awesome. In a small brief testing period of my own, it far beats out the V12. Less Powder, 115g Major, and much softer in hand. I do not have this barrel reamed by the good folks at PD yet. I was very anxious to test it out and quickly made up some loads I knew wouldn't touch major with a 115 from the V12, but Might with the Durso comp. Sure enough I made 166pf with 115g Blues over 7.9g of Power pistol. Loaded @ .....1.06. I can't wait to do more testing with a better powder and after reaming. Thoughts are on AA7.

2018-09-11 19.04.41.jpg

3 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

If possible, do one with the old compensator and the new one.

While they're both may be similar in actual flatness I have to use a lot more powder to actually achieve that flatness with the V12. That and then 9 mm makes it very difficult. Also the video doesn't describe how a much softer and actually feels in the hand. And it is much less violent and concussive

So can I unscrew stock comp and barrel and fit to a limited slide? I’m interested in heavier slide for open 

To use a limited slide you would need to buy a 6” barrel and have it cut down to length and threaded for this comp. That is what I am having done on both my limited slide open guns currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, kujo929 said:

To use a limited slide you would need to buy a 6” barrel and have it cut down to length and threaded for this comp. That is what I am having done on both my limited slide open guns currently.

That’s waaay to much $ I can buy a second gold team for a G

9 hours ago, Mlussoro said:

That’s waaay to much $ I can buy a second gold team for a G

Can I buy yours for a G ? ?

Barrel's are not that spendy and they do come up in the chop shop swap. Also the comp is only $260.  The thread, cut, and recrown barrel shouldn't be terrible either. We can do that stuff at SSG

4 hours ago, Apolo said:

In all seriousness, what is the apeal of doing a Limited?

The base gun costs $700 less so for the price of a factory Gold Team, you could fit a 6" barrel and my comp.  Theoretically you get the comp a quarter inch further from your wrist and maybe a little more velocity in the extra quarter inch of barrel.

3 hours ago, kneelingatlas said:

The base gun costs $700 less so for the price of a factory Gold Team, you could fit a 6" barrel and my comp.  Theoretically you get the comp a quarter inch further from your wrist and maybe a little more velocity in the extra quarter inch of barrel.

Boooooyaaaaaaa

7 hours ago, Apolo said:

In all seriousness, what is the apeal of doing a Limited?

So here’s my thought process, longer frame, heavier slide more mass moving back and forth at a slower speed increasing reliability, plus longer barrel and comp less muzzle flip.  My opinion but I’m building it so we shall see ! 

So here’s my thought process, longer frame, heavier slide more mass moving back and forth at a slower speed increasing reliability, plus longer barrel and comp less muzzle flip.  My opinion but I’m building it so we shall see ! 

Going to stroke it or use standard length stroke?