Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Oh crap! To the hospital

Broncman

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, echotango said:

I agree. Broke my L3, L4 and L5 racing mx at Glenn Helen. Shooting is much safer. 

well, i'd say the probability of getting hurt on a dirtbike is way higher, but the probability of dying from a gunshot wound is way higher.  fortunately, i've 'just' had the acl/mcl/meniscus surgery from a nice dirtbike getoff.

I'm new to the whole USPSA thing and I'm 60 years old.  I've been a little concerned about the very same thing happening.  I'm using a Double Algha Racemaster holster.  I'm sure not setting any speed records and just shooting C.  I appreciate you sharing your experience.  It was a great reminder to me.  i'd rather finish in the bottom half and get to take all of my fingers and toes home with me.  I hope your recovery is a quick one.    

Broncman> Have you attempted to replicate a holster induced trigger press with your gear and gun? I have seen some "Race" holsters that retain the gun by the trigger guard create a scenario like that if the trigger guard is loose within the holster channel. I would experiment with trying to replicate an angle/reinsertion motion that would cause the side of the holsters trigger guard channel to touch the trigger and make the hammer drop. Obviously with an Unloaded gun of course.

For most of us, when we attempt to draw the gun and it jams up in the holster our natural tendency is to push the gun back down in to the holster then try pulling it back out again. The "Pushing it back down" motion when the gun is in a funky angle compared to the trigger guard channel is where the potential of the trigger being touched by something on the holster.

Your AD is most likely "Booger Picker" induced. But don't rule out equipment either.

I have thoroughly investigated the fit etc for that very thing. The holster only made the gun stick. I about yanked my belt off.

I feel 100% sure when I grabbed the pistol I disengaged the safety beacuse the beaver tail hit the web of my thumb and I continued, then I believe when pistol did free the holster my finger got the trigger.

I have a pretty wide safety. May change that.

Biggest thing is in the future, just stop when I hit a terrible grip. So I loose a second  to regrip. Better than a toe!

I have thoroughly investigated the fit etc for that very thing. The holster only made the gun stick. I about yanked my belt off.

I feel 100% sure when I grabbed the pistol I disengaged the safety beacuse the beaver tail hit the web of my thumb and I continued, then I believe when pistol did free the holster my finger got the trigger.

I have a pretty wide safety. May change that.

Biggest thing is in the future, just stop when I hit a terrible grip. So I loose a second  to regrip. Better than a toe!

True! You never know when you might need to count to 20