Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shock buff or ney

RGC

Over the years I have seen several people battle mid match malfunctions due to chewed up or worn out shock buffs. If you are going to use a shock buff then you need to treat it as a consumable item and replace it regularly. They are cheap so I don't understand why people are compelled to try to use them until they fail.

I don't use shock buffs in any of my guns. I don't want to risk ANY match performance on something like that which doesn't really provide much of a benefit. My stance is, Man up and embrace the recoil!!!

• 1 month later...

I was giving the same "dead blow " speech for the aluma-buffs, so I have run them, but agree that anything that can protect the potential frame damage when shooting Major cannot be a bad thing?  I did have one issue with a new SVI 9mm major gun. When I put the buffer in the gun would no longer lock-back.  It would hit the spring at full compression, and with the buffer would not come back far enough to lock?  Would any-one cut there spring to make room for the buffer, or just not run one?

I was giving the same "dead blow " speech for the aluma-buffs, so I have run them, but agree that anything that can protect the potential frame damage when shooting Major cannot be a bad thing?  I did have one issue with a new SVI 9mm major gun. When I put the buffer in the gun would no longer lock-back.  It would hit the spring at full compression, and with the buffer would not come back far enough to lock?  Would any-one cut there spring to make room for the buffer, or just not run one?

I cut the spring until contact is with the buff rather than the stacked spring stopping travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk