Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Max won the Lucas Oil PCC match !

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, mike4045 said:

Great job on a tough match.

After seeing some of the gimmick crap I am glad I sat out this year. If a pistol match does circus s#!t I don't go back to it. It's one thing at a local level, but not a major.

Plus 1

6 hours ago, mike4045 said:

Great job on a tough match.

After seeing some of the gimmick crap I am glad I sat out this year. If a pistol match does circus s#!t I don't go back to it. It's one thing at a local level, but not a major.

I agree with you on the poker chips if anything make them a optional target. But I think your missing the point of the Star the clays (and poker chips) are worth 15 points, the no shoot is -10 points so a clean hit counts the same as 3 normal targets, a no shoot the breaks the clay will still net you 5 points.

22 minutes ago, Boss1622 said:

I agree with you on the poker chips if anything make them a optional target. But I think your missing the point of the Star the clays (and poker chips) are worth 15 points, the no shoot is -10 points so a clean hit counts the same as 3 normal targets, a no shoot the breaks the clay will still net you 5 points.

So the chips and star clays were not optional targets, they needed to be shoot but different point value is what you’re saying?

4 hours ago, nvgeologist said:

Thanks Boss. 

Looks suspiciously like my design. :D I think that means I've hit the big time, MGM has cloned one of my products. 

My first thought when I saw pics of that array was how cool it was that you got your steel out there at a match this big.  As much as I'd hate to have to shoot it, I hope you get credit for the design!

6 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Max nearly zeroed that stage because he blew past an array of three targets - 6 mikes, 6 procedurals. According to his post on Instagram.

Ouch.

I was wondering what happened, his time was good and appeared to be total so I didn't figure a gun problem.

Were these stages published anywhere ? I had been watching the Lucas Oil website but it just says " stages coming soon".

37 minutes ago, mahamoti said:

My first thought when I saw pics of that array was how cool it was that you got your steel out there at a match this big.  As much as I'd hate to have to shoot it, I hope you get credit for the design!

Well..... about that. I may have sorta called MGM out on facebook for accidentally forgetting to mention where they got the idea. 

Travis got a little upset. 

u3fJPPD.png

IMG_20180323_083152.jpg

Edited by nvgeologist

I'll post my match video to youtube and link it here and on IG.

I'm way more active on IG now, messaging me there about stuff is probably your best bet.

My gun ran perfectly the whole match, I just skipped a whole array of 6 targets on the third stage we shot on day 1. Just trying to make it a little more challenging for myself ?

JK it was a total mental lapse, but I just didn't let it affect my attitude and kept shooting normally the whole match. On day 1 I had all stage wins (stages 1-6, 3 was thrown out) except the one I tanked so that was a nice confidence booster.

11 minutes ago, Maxamundo said:

I'm way more active on IG now, messaging me there about stuff is probably your best bet.

My gun ran perfectly the whole match, I just skipped a whole array of 6 targets on the third stage we shot on day 1. Just trying to make it a little more challenging for myself ?

JK it was a total mental lapse, but I just didn't let it affect my attitude and kept shooting normally the whole match. On day 1 I had all stage wins (stages 1-6, 3 was thrown out) except the one I tanked so that was a nice confidence booster.

Thank you for the info ! As much as I try to avoid all the " social media" stuff, I will try to set up an Instagram acct and see what you have to say !

39 minutes ago, SJMPCC022 said:

Thank you for the info ! As much as I try to avoid all the " social media" stuff, I will try to set up an Instagram acct and see what you have to say !

Account set up !

One question, How do you post a comment ? I tried to say something clever about one of you pics but there was no post button ??????????????????????

1 hour ago, Maxamundo said:

Congrats Max!  Great shooting.

People to follow on Insta who actively post shooting content?

maxamundi

zackonthereg

qtrc10

hkimshooting

jaliseandjustinewilliams

shane_coley

benstoeger

lena_miculek

jjracaza

joel.park_

axonshootingsports

jessielharrison

And I’m “125fmj” but feel free to skip that one. ;) 

Edited by MemphisMechanic
6 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Click the speech balloon under the pic or video.

74B183AB-C667-454D-90F5-ADB6BE56FBAE.thumb.jpeg.eee15ab1237f0316ab34fd386c689578.jpeg

Thanks for the instructional and also the heads up on who to follow, yourself included !

I'm gonna dig this Instagram thing, the speech balloon makes WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more sense than a button that says "post" !

13 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

People to follow on Insta who actively post shooting content?

maxamundi

zackonthereg

qtrc10

hkimshooting

jaliseandjustinewilliams

shane_coley

benstoeger

lena_miculek

jjracaza

joel.park_

axonshootingsports

jessielharrison

And I’m “125fmj” but feel free to skip that one. ;) 

Thanks for this listing!

Nice work Max.

I think it's great to have a PCC match that is actually a PCC match, not a pistol match that you get to use a rifle at. You gotta remember that accuracy was rewarded well, with the one for one challenges that had really great high value prizes. I RO'd stage 10(Max won the challenge), to see a competitor run with only 38 rounds in the mag and only be a couple seconds off the stage winner was awesome, and to see him get well rewarded for trying is great also. I sucked at hitting poker chips as this was my first time with PCC(a keltec I just picked up with cheap Amazon optic on top), and due to a broken finger on my strong hand, but it was fun trying!!

Edited by Talon75
11 hours ago, Fo0 said:

I guess Taran didn't end up shooting? I saw someone post in the other thread that they were supposed to be in the same group.

Yeah Taran had an event come up that conflicted so he and Jade didn't end up coming. They were thinking of cramming the whole match into Friday to shoot with staff, but didn't end up coming out. Good thing, because all day Friday there was a thunderstorm and it was pouring rain.