Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Red Dot Optics

Hiroshi

I'm using the DPP's. I started with the 7.5, but recently switched tho the 2.5. This was a good decision for me. 

There are a few threads on this very topic with the pro's and con's on each. I like the fact that DPP shuts off itself and it's a one button push to turn on/shut off manually. 

I use the C-Mores on my PCC and AR .. I like them all. I think it comes down to trying them out, if possible, and see what your eyes like the best. 

I can speak to the DPP woes with them acting up, one of mine did and I had to send it back. The customer service was great and they fixed up and sent it back no problem 

8 minutes ago, chenault said:

Geeze!  I just need 6 moa or so.  12 is yuge!

Back when I was shooting competition, the distances were much further than now a days and always had a “standards” stage to 50 yards and 10 moa was the standard dot sizes in the beginning for tube dot scopes and did well with a 10. It’s all what you are used to and what ya like, small sots are hard for me to pick up, especially th solder I get lol

Tim

25 minutes ago, lacivilian said:

It’s bigger than the DPP and brighter so not sure what your complaint is.

No complaints,  just need a 6 moa dot.  We have a couple of bays really will wash out small dots.  I have good vision, but when I'm shooting at speed I like to see the dot.

You seem to get very defensive of people that don't go with the Romeo suggestion.  

I want a Romeo 3, believe me I do, I'll be first in line when they sell a slightly bigger dot

Edited by chenault

9 minutes ago, chenault said:

No complaints,  just need a 6 moa dot.  We have a couple of bays really will wash out small dots.  I have good vision, but when I'm shooting at speed I like to see the dot.

You seem to get very defensive of people that don't go with the Romeo suggestion.  

I want a Romeo 3, believe me I do, I'll be first in line when they sell a slightly bigger dot

I would like a 6 moa dot too. If you haven’t handled one in person yet on a gun I highly recommend you try to find one. You’ll be surprised. I normally run it on setting 6/10 on bright sunny days, but I do understand that every range and bay set up differs.

I went from a DPP to a rts2. I like the round dot better, the size of the rts2 dot to me is better and eaiser to find. When you do get washout it, there is more of the dot left in my opinion. So now I have a DPP and mount up in classifieds..lol

3 hours ago, TimBoettcher said:

Typo RTS2 and yes, 12moa....

2B87AA1F-1C5B-41F1-AF2B-FF4B7C278AD6.png

Nope.  That is a typo on the website you show.  8moa is the largest dot available in the RTS2.  

ETA:  I was incorrect.  You can get a 12MOA from cmore by special order.  It is not something they stock or even list on their website.  I had to call them about another dead RTS2 I need to send back so I asked them.  :)

Edited by Shadyscott999

16 minutes ago, Shadyscott999 said:

Nope.  That is a typo on the website you show.  8moa is the largest dot available in the RTS2.  

Well, it was purchased as a 12moa and interesting that it's a perfect 6" at 50 yards..... out of curiosity, I just called C More and talked to Tanis in customer service and this is 12moa dot only available through the 1911Store that they custom ordered. Have a good day ?

Tim

19 minutes ago, TimBoettcher said:

Well, it was purchased as a 12moa and interesting that it's a perfect 6" at 50 yards..... out of curiosity, I just called C More and talked to Tanis in customer service and this is 12moa dot only available through the 1911Store that they custom ordered. Have a good day ?

Tim

I edited my comment before I saw your reply.  Me Culpa