Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Debating a new PCC

1 hour ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Keep us posted. And let us know when you decide the 510C is superior. ;) 

We have a few CMore railway PCCers locally. Playing with their guns makes me happy I chose not to buy one.

This should be chiseled into stone.  This man speaketh the truth.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

We have a few CMore railway PCCers locally. Playing with their guns makes me happy I chose not to buy one.

just curious what issue are they having with railway ?

3 hours ago, fishhunter3 said:

Oh, they’re totally happy with their inferior optic. Meanwhile... at least one guy who has shot my gun is buying a 510c instead.

Since, you know, it’s better. :D 

I’ve enjoyed leaving my optic on all Saturday long for months (on the same battery) *and* having better glass and reticle. 

Edited by MemphisMechanic
3 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Oh, they’re totally happy with their inferior optic. Meanwhile... at least one guy who has shot my gun is buying a 510c instead.

Since, you know, it’s better. :D 

I’ve enjoyed leaving my optic on all Saturday long for months (on the same battery) *and* having better glass and reticle. 

I was just asking for my own knowledge , did not say you were wrong in your statement, 

I'm going to try the C-More Railway that I had on my Ruger PC9 on my AR-PCC.  I really like the field of view and dot clarity on it.  May have to replace the battery as it only really starts to get bright once I crank past 3:00.  The Holosun 510C I have for my home defense AR.

7 hours ago, fishhunter3 said:

Having used a cmore for a season, I have recently switched to holosun for a couple of reasons. Battery life is not that big a deal, however you can leave the holosun on all day and it stays bright forever. If you forget to turn off your cmore, you’re going to need a new battery most likely. The biggest thing for me was moving to a smaller dot when you start shooting matches other than pistol stages and distances are stretched. Adjusting the cmore sucks compared to more repeatable clicks of the holosun. The elevation is so coarse on a cmore and they do tend to move a bit a settle in when adjusting. The 510c for the price is hard to beat unless you want to spend more for a LCO or Eotech. 

I would agree that adjusting the C-more is a chore.  I have a 6MOA on mine which is I feel a good middle ground, but may try a 4 or 2 for some  longer shots.  I like the bar;ance of it better on my lightweight PCC, but I have not tried the Holosun with the extra cover removed.

15 minutes ago, MoRivera said:

I would agree that adjusting the C-more is a chore.  I have a 6MOA on mine which is I feel a good middle ground, but may try a 4 or 2 for some  longer shots.  I like the bar;ance of it better on my lightweight PCC, but I have not tried the Holosun with the extra cover removed.

The cover is so light removing it is not a big weight savings. The cover actually gives you some shade cover for dot brightness. 

1 minute ago, HoMiE said:

The cover is so light removing it is not a big weight savings. The cover actually gives you some shade cover for dot brightness. 

Yeah I kind of figured that for the 'shade'.  The C-more can get pretty washed out on bright days so I have a little plastic hood that snaps on.  Helps a lot and doesn't really add to the profile from behind.  We'll see how I like it.

With the Taccom carbon fiber barrel this thing has gotten really light though, wondering if I went too far. 

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:47 AM, allamericanbp said:

Debating on jumping on the PCC bandwagon. Normally run Limited and some Production. I figure the stages may not be too much difference with a PCC versus Limited. Any advice on PCC selection without being too brand biased? I do a lot of 3-gun style shooting so trying to stick to the AR style platform will definitely help. Any advice is appreciated.

Not sure if it has been mention or not but the Foxtrot Mike PCC rifles are reliable and on sale right now at Primary Arms and Brownells.  I run one and have zero issues.  The y have great customer service and are very quick at answering questions.  Check them out.

21 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

I went with the C More a month or so ago.

I shot the last two matches of the year with it and loved it.

I may change my mind in a few months, but I doubt it.

19 hours ago, jackson923 said:

Not sure if it has been mention or not but the Foxtrot Mike PCC rifles are reliable and on sale right now at Primary Arms and Brownells.  I run one and have zero issues.  The y have great customer service and are very quick at answering questions.  Check them out.

Thank you! I definitely will.

I’ve owned my 6 moa c more railway two months, it’s been in 2 3 gun matches, 4 uspsa matches and a pcc only match for a total of 7 matches 5-6 stages a match 35-42 stages. I always turn my dot on at the shooter make ready and always turn it off after unloading showing clear. I’ve dry fired total of maybe 3-4 hours. Well the battery died at the range today less than 5 hours total on it. I have had my mro in the safe for 2 two years left on, shot countless 2-3 gun matches, dry fire sessions and never turned it off or changed the battery. I’m putting the mro on my pcc. 

I have 3 C-More Railways and they work real well.  The only problem is that with all the shooting I do I have to replace the battery about every month.  I shoot for 2-3 hours twice a week as well matches.  Every month I replace the battery before the next match and this keeps me from having the dot get dim.

I've never had a problem with the dot fading in the Arizona sunlight.  As bright as it get the dot is always clear and visible.  I have 6 and 112 minute dots and use the 12s for Steel Challenge.