Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock grip angle?

Wisemenofgotham

Hello,

I’m thinking to consolidate my firearms to Glock and 2011s because I feel it would be easier to stock up on magazines, aftermarket support, etc.  However with Glocks, the front sight naturally points high for me on the initial presentation, compared to my 2011/CZ/Sig/HK firearms.  Does anyone have personal experience with reducing the hump and creating a more traditional grip angle?  Another idea was to go with a Polymer 80 or Lonewolf frame, but I’m not familiar with the reliability compared to an OEM frame.  Thank you for your time and input.  

Here is an example done by NAF Solutions:

36711225_209663633027894_327790103580429

Edited by Wisemenofgotham

There’s nothing wrong with the hump. On a full size gun it drives your hand high. On compacts, yea I could see the issue. 

Glock grip angle is best grip angle. Allows an aggressive thumbs forward grip that locks your wrists and gets the bore low. Everything you want for fast shooting. 

My only issue is with the initial presentation, after shooting with any other brand.  After adjusting, I shoot POA/POI with Glocks.  Ideally, I want to stick with 2011s for shooting sports and Glocks for self defensive/outdoor tactical courses.  

I’ve made the move to CZ due to the feeling of a lower bore axis, versus my HKs and Sigs.  All those brands point very natural for me.  My other idea was to get a CZ P10c and stick with that.  However, the appeal of Glock’s aftermarket support and availability of parts is very alluring.  It seems like the suggestion here is to just get used to the Glock grip angle, versus attempting to change it?  Thanks again for all the input.

Without trying to create a firestorm on the Glock forum, the angle is why I went to a CZ for CO. I have tried to get used to the way the Glock sits in my hand, and it never feels right. This is not a slam on the firearm in any way, it is purely my opinion on the strange angle. I did purchase a G34 in order to get into CO, but found my old XDm with a Springer Precision rear CO sight felt much better.

After test firing a CZ, I found it worked much better for me. BUT, millions of Glock owners are there for a reason, and just like the LE officers I work with,  Glocks beat the competition by about 80 percent over non Glock. It would seem to change the grip angle makes it a pseudo XDm or polymer CZ. I think you would get used to the angle, I personally have just not gotten there.

Without trying to create a firestorm on the Glock forum, the angle is why I went to a CZ for CO. I have tried to get used to the way the Glock sits in my hand, and it never feels right. This is not a slam on the firearm in any way, it is purely my opinion on the strange angle. I did purchase a G34 in order to get into CO, but found my old XDm with a Springer Precision rear CO sight felt much better.

After test firing a CZ, I found it worked much better for me. BUT, millions of Glock owners are there for a reason, and just like the LE officers I work with,  Glocks beat the competition by about 80 percent over non Glock. It would seem to change the grip angle makes it a pseudo XDm or polymer CZ. I think you would get used to the angle, I personally have just not gotten there.

My first pistol was a Glock. It what I compete with because it’s what I had then upgraded to a 34 and 35. I carry a CZ P-07. Yeah, they’re different. But if you practice with it it’s fine. After shooting a friend’s Shadow 2 I want one but am not looking forward to relearning draws and reloads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been switching between Glock, 1911, and a revolver for years. Like "this week I feel like taking the Glock out for a change". Seems like my hand knows which one I have in my hands, and the sight appears where I want it to.

That might not work for all, not very soon anyway, especially if you have shot one model only for years.

On 7/25/2018 at 12:11 PM, perttime said:

I've been switching between Glock, 1911, and a revolver for years. Like "this week I feel like taking the Glock out for a change". Seems like my hand knows which one I have in my hands, and the sight appears where I want it to.

That might not work for all, not very soon anyway, especially if you have shot one model only for years.

Same here. 

Except i I don’t shoot revolver. 

Hello,

I’m thinking to consolidate my firearms to Glock and 2011s because I feel it would be easier to stock up on magazines, aftermarket support, etc.  However with Glocks, the front sight naturally points high for me on the initial presentation, compared to my 2011/CZ/Sig/HK firearms.  Does anyone have personal experience with reducing the hump and creating a more traditional grip angle?  Another idea was to go with a Polymer 80 or Lonewolf frame, but I’m not familiar with the reliability compared to an OEM frame.  Thank you for your time and input.  

My buddy runs a 2011 open gun and recently set up a 34 for CO he was having the issue of having to bring the muzzle down to find the dot. He picked up some extra back straps and experimented with cutting the bottom half off and finding a sweet spot for him.

He is running a 34 with a vortex and I didn’t get to try it with the full strap. I had to hunt for the dot with his set up. It might be something for you to try out.

Because I use Glocks at work (and also enjoy shooting them competitively), I had to make some changes when switching back-and-forth between platforms.  I identified the issue from the opposite side:  When I picked up a 1911/2011, the front sight was very low. 

I do a lot of things by feel, so I changed the backstrap on my 1911/2011s to an ARCHED mainspring housing to bring the sight up.  That way, the back of all my guns feels sorta-kinda the same.

I went from 1911 to Glocks years ago. The Glocks pointed way too high so I  had grip reductions done on my 4 Gen 2 and 3 Glocks to get rid of the hump so they would point like a 1911. Works fine. Reading this post and wanting another 17, I might get a G4. Way cheaper.