Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Carry Optics Glock Magazines

I'm in the process of switching from Production over to CO. Currently shooting my Gen 4 G34. I have 10 mags with an equal mix of Glock and Magpul G17 PMAGs. I was leaning towards the TTI basepads but after seeing a couple guys have serious mag problems at my last match running TTIs (IE: base and coming apart throwing rounds everywhere, feeding issues, etc.) I'm leaning towards the magpul 21 rounders. Anyone running these have any issues? Suggestions? TIA. 

Been using ETS since they started allowing 140s. 

Had one follower break, noticed it while cleaning not sure when it happened, would've prevented slide lock, warranty was fast and painless, no other issues.

I have 6 Magpul 21s - all have been flawless in my Glock 19 G4 and nearly flawless in my PCC.

4 of them are about 2 years old.  2 of them about a year old.  I got 6 so that I don't have to load mags between stages at the monthly matches.

They've been in the dirt every month and all have hit the garage floor at least 100 times each during dry fire.

In the PCC I've had 2 problems with these mags caused by dirt in the mags - after I cleaned the mags, they worked fine in the PCC.

They have been dirtier in the Glock and didn't have any feed issues.

I’ve got 7 glock mags with TTI base pads,  I’ve had them over 3 years and not one problem.  I even cut off the little bumps on the mag body to get them on and off a little easier.  I cut down Wolff glock 33 round springs to 13 coils and get 20 plus 1 in the small pads and get 23 plus one in the larger pad that I use for CO.

Though I prefer my CZ over the Glock 34, I do use TTI basepads on the stock Glock magazines, and have had zero problems. The Glock mags have been through freezing rain, snow, mud, and 100 degree temps, and never came off. Seriously, if the basepads were coming off the bottom of the mags. I would suspect the pads were not slid on quite right, or the mags themselves had worn out on the bottom.

I have both TTI and Dawson.  The TTI are a little more "sleek" but I think the Dawson is a better, more secure design.  I use my TTIs on my mags that I use only in bigger matches, and I use my Dawsons for my practice mags and our weekly local match on a concrete indoor range where they really take a lot of abuse. I believe they are more durable.

Edited by ClangClang

I am currently running TTI and Zev extensions, 23+1 with the TTI on start or 22 reloadable and 21 reloadable with the Zev. The Zev extensions are super easy to take off while I know they won't come off during a stage or after falling onto the ground.

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the Dawson basepads. I like that I can easily take em off and clean out the mags, even though it’s a Glock and we all no that doesn’t really matter. I have had zero malfunctions across 5 Mags for ~8k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk